Full Envira Gallery

Hi there,

Thanks for writing.

In that case, would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials? I just like to check how the fix is implemented in child theme’s functions.php

Thanks!

Info on the secure note

We are also having problems with the browsers - I’m creating and editing everything in Chrome but my partner uses Microsoft Edge, when he tried to edit in Pro the text boxes, image elements just keep spinning and not showing the content when in inspector view

Hi, I got the license box to appear but it won’t accept my key and I still don’t get the full set of tabs (https://cl.ly/0X3Y3G1Z3y2l)
I keep getting “There was an error connecting to the remote key API. Please try again later.”
Also the issue with Edge is a real problem, anything we can do other than using a different browser (he’s not keen on that).

Hello there,

Hi, I got the license box to appear but it won’t accept my key and I still don’t get the full set of tabs (https://cl.ly/0X3Y3G1Z3y2l)

We have disabled the tabs to ensure no customizations/code integration will be overwritten between our bundled version of Envira Gallery and our theme. Fortunately, the default manner of the plugin can be brought back with the code below:

function x_envira_gallery_remove_license_functionality() { 
  if (is_admin() ) {
    remove_action( 'envira_gallery_admin_styles', 'x_envira_gallery_hide_key_box' );
    remove_action( 'admin_print_scripts', 'x_envira_gallery_hide_license_errors', 20 );
  }
}
add_action('admin_init', 'x_envira_gallery_remove_license_functionality');

Please add this into the functions.php of your child theme. Then enter your Envira gallery license key again.

I keep getting “There was an error connecting to the remote key API. Please try again later.”

Can you give us steps/images on where you’re seeing the error?

Also the issue with Edge is a real problem, anything we can do other than using a different browser (he’s not keen on that).

Unfortunately, Microsoft Edge is buggy and still unstable so we strongly suggest to discontinue using it. You might need to convince him/her to jump into use Google Chrome instead as it is plainly fast, and does provide you seamless user experience with using Cornerstone.

You can share this link to your client for a one-click download: https://www.google.com/chrome/

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

The problem seems to be related to your hosting service provider blocking the access to the Envira Gallery servers to validate the key.

I suggest that you temporarily change our theme to for example 2016 which is the standard WordPress theme and try to validate the Envira Gallery there. By doing that our customization will go away and you will have the pure plugin to work with. If you encounter the problem even then, it will show our theme is not related on this matter and you need to continue the case with your hosting service provider and the Envira Gallery support.

As an additional resource I want to share with you the article which we have about the connection problems when it comes to our theme validation: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201

I know the resource above is not related to Envira Gallery but the error you get seems to be similar that is why it will be a good point to share that with your hosting service provider but change the URL to the servers of the Envira Gallery.

I also want to share the official documentation of the Envira Gallery regarding the validation that might help: https://enviragallery.com/docs/verify-envira-license/

Finally, we do have few bugs regarding the Builder Preview on the Edge browser which will be fixed in the upcoming release of the theme. There is no ETA at the moment about the release.

Thank you.

Thank you, I’ve contacted the host

You’re welcome!

Hi, we still haven’t been able to resolve the issue - I can’t validate Envira Gallery, the full settings options aren’t showing and no addons are available. Having it integrated with Pro isn’t that useful if I can’t utilise it’s full capabilities. Is there anything else you can do?

Hi Gigcoyle,

Sorry, but may I know what happened when you tried Christopher’s suggestion?

And what was your hosting provider response?

Thanks.

Hi
I tried changing theme and it made no difference. I still couldn’t verify the key.
My hosting service said there’s no issue with Envira being blocked.
Thanks

Hey @Gigcoyle,

Since the issue persisted when you changed the theme means the issue is not with Pro. What I’d recommend you to try now is uninstall the bundled Envira Gallery plugin from Pro and download Envira Gallery separately from where you bought it. Then, test activating your license again. If the issue persists, then there could be conflict with your host and the Envira Gallery plugin. In which case, you should direct this issue to Envira Gallery support.

Thanks.

Hi
I’ve done all those things.

Hi Gigcoyle,
I understand that since you “have done all those things”, it means that you have already contacted Envira Gallery support team regarding this issue that isn’t related to Pro theme, is that right?

Feel free to keep us updated with the reason behind this issue after the Envira Gallery support team finishes their investigation.

Thanks.

Hi, yes I’ll keep you updated, as no one has come up with a solution as yet I may need you to investigate further!

Hi there,

I checked and there is nothing wrong with the implemented code. The License section where you can activate is there. The issue now here is the connection between your site and Envira Gallery server (for activation). With this, I recommend contacting Envira Gallery too since you own a license that needs validation to their server. It’s not related to our server or theme anymore.

Thanks!

It’s fine now, Envira sorted it out eventually but I don’t understand why you integrate in X Pro in that way if it removes so much potential functionality.

Hi,

Glad to hear that it is all sorted now.

As stated in here

Because of the way that we are utilizing the plugin with in X, it should be noted that the version of Envira Gallery included with the theme is made intentionally for numerous reasons. The following is just a few of the reasons why we do not always utilize the latest version of the Envira Gallery plugin:

We have removed the Settings page from Envira Gallery and Soliloquy per some code provided by Thomas (plugin author) as we provide them in an “integrated” fashion.

Stability – Newer versions of software do not always equal greater stability. Oftentimes there are undiscovered bugs that are introduced with certain versions and are unknown until the product has been released to the public for some time. The version of the plugin that we bundle with the theme is more or less guaranteed to work without any issues as we take a great deal of time to test all functionality thoroughly before releasing it along with the theme.
Release Cycles – While we try to include the latest version of Envira Gallery with each release, occasionally the release cycle of the plugin will prevent this from being possible. Essentially, since we have no idea when Envira Gallery will be releasing new versions of the plugin, we cannot plan our releases around this. Because of this, if we have already begun the process of finalizing our release and submitting it to ThemeForest for review while Envira Gallery is putting out a new version of the plugin, that version of the plugin will not be able to make it into the theme until the next release at the earliest.
Not Always Necessary – Some of Envira Gallery releases have only included simple “bug fixes” without any huge additions or modifications to the rest of the plugin. Because of situations like this, it is up to our discretion whether or not a new release will make it into the theme or not based on the nature of the update.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.