Front page didn't appear as edited!

May I trouble anyone to please help me:) I edited the section of my front page. it looked OK on the connerstone but it looked very different in reality. The padding was very norrow so what I have done wrong?

I’m very new to this so sorry to ask such a simeple thing but couldn’t figure it out since I rely on connerstone editing for different devices.

Your assistance is highly appreciated in advance:)

Regards,
Kay

Hi Kay,

Please check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

• If you are using any caching plugin, kindly make sure that you have cleared your site’s cache and the browser cache then check the page again.

Let us know how it goes!

Dear Sirs/Madam,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I’ve done all you asked but still got the same problem & now there is another problem with parallax effect in Front page. It worked only on the notebook but for tablet and phone or small devices, it didn’t work. But when I checked in Connerstone, it was OK for devices.

May I ask for your advice please on what should I do?

Thank you for always assisting me.

Kay:)

Hi There,

thanks for the confirmation!
As you have tried the things to fix the issue without success we would recommend you to please send us the website details so that we can have a look.

Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Regarding your parallax issue, Parallax functionality is disabled on mobiles for performance reasons. You need custom code to make it work on the mobile device. Which is beyond our theme support scope.

You may try adding the following CSS to your X -> Theme Options -> CSS area.

@media (max-width:979px){

.x-section.bg-image.parallax, .x-section.bg-pattern.parallax {
  background-attachment: fixed !important;
  background-position: center center !important;
}
}

We aren’t sure if the code will work 100%, but you can try it. For specific issues, read the following (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23236158/how-to-replicate-background-attachment-fixed-on-ios)

Thanks for understanding!

Dear Sirs/Madam,

Wow…what a speedy reply. Thank you so much for taking care of my issue.

Kindly let me know if you need any more information. BTW, you’re right, the parallax won’t work even with the code but don’t worry. It’s probably the best for small devices.

Regards,

Hi Kay,

First of all, please never ever share your credentials publicly. Instead, use our secure note option below your posts to submit your credentials securely (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288). For now, I have moved your information to a secure note.

I have checked your front-page in Cornerstone and compared with front-end but I could not identify any section with unusual padding or margin. Could you please provide us with some screenshots of the sections that you’re having issue, so that we should be able to assist you accordingly.

For now, please ignore FTP credentials.

Thanks!

Dear X Staff :slight_smile:

I tried to upload the screenshots but the files were too big. I’ll to upload again tomorrow.

I’m impressed with your support!!

Very grateful for all your assistance.

Hello Kay,

You can also share the screenshots using file sharing websites like Dropbox. You can find more information on following post:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.