Front End error

Hello,

I am getting the following error on my front end.

Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in Unknown on line 0

I believe it is something to do with X, as I was able to change themes successfully and have the page display. My site is at https://mredsanders.net

I have not made any changes recently that would cause this I believe. I put in a support ticket to my hosting provider but believe the problem lies with X some place. I renewed my support subscription for this site.

Much thanks for looking.

Regards, Ed Sanders

p.s. I just tried again and the front end gives me a header, with this error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 116129792) (tried to allocate 1048576 bytes) in /hermes/walnaweb02a/b2183/moo.mredsandersnet/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889

if it helps any.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! Try adding this code in your wp-config.php or contact your host to increase your allocated memory.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If this doesn’t work the please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Thanks.

This was already set in my wp-config file. I disabled the plugins and re-enabled them one by one and the conflict is with woo commerce plugin version 3.2.6 is what I have installed.
I _need_that plugin to make my site work.

When installed, my home page gives the Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in Unknown on line 0 error…

Any further assistance is much appreciated. Regards, Ed Sanders

Hello There,

There is no known issue with WooCommerce. There are similar issues which were caused by other plugins. Please see this related threads:
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/cannot-use-output-buffering-in-output-buffering-display

Could you please provide ftp access so that we can investigate further?

Thanks.

I can give you ftp access:

Hi,

The ftp login provided doesn’t seem to work.

Please note that the latest supported version of woocommerce is 3.2.3

Well it works for me. Try this IP address instead of the ftp.mredsanders.net

Well I deleted the 3.2.6 version and installed 3.2.3. This did not make a difference, as my home page gives the above error again. Output buffer error.

I then disabled all plugins except woo commerce, and the home page works again. Narrowing the list down shows that it’s the plugin WD Post Slider that is causing the output buffer error.

So sorry for having you look, I did a poor job of isolating the problem plugin. Woo Commerce works well at the current version 3.2.6 with the WD Post Slider de-activated.

I will contact them since it’s a premium plugin I paid for to resolve the issue.

Thank you again for all your support.

REgards, Ed Sanders

Well now, I am still getting console errors when I try to edit a page in cornerstone:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) cornerstone-endpoint
cs.js:56152 Rejecting AJAX promise Object
handleResponse @ cs.js:56152
cs.js:41932 Object
cs-vendor.js:19500 TypeError: Cannot read property ‘indexOf’ of undefined
at getStack (cs-vendor.js:19456)
at defaultDispatch (cs-vendor.js:19500)
at Object.dispatchError (cs-vendor.js:19483)
at onerrorDefault (cs-vendor.js:33226)
at Object.trigger (cs-vendor.js:51931)
at cs-vendor.js:52925
at invoke (cs-vendor.js:1335)
at Queue.flush (cs-vendor.js:1399)
at DeferredActionQueues.flush (cs-vendor.js:1207)
at Backburner.end (cs-vendor.js:521)
defaultDispatch @ cs-vendor.js:19500

Playing with the plugins results in Jetpack being the culprit for the console errors. I have disabled that and am able to edit the pages once more.

So to summarize, ,the WD Post Slider and Jetpack both are interfering with the theme X. Any advice you can give I am out of options.

Thanks for looking at this convoluted problem.

Regards, Ed Sanders

Hey There,

I edited one of your page and I did not encounter any issue.

Maybe because the culprit plugin is deactivated for the time being. I would recommend that you simply enable any of the plugins once you are done editing the page. And if you need the plugin on the page like the WD Post Slider, simply take note of the slider shortcodes and insert it in the editor. It may not display when the plugin is not active yet you can still work on by having the slider shortcode as a placeholder for the slider. Once your done editing, you may activate the plugin and your slider shortcode should display since it is already in place on the page.

Hope this make sense.

Thank you so much. Jetpack was responsible for some of the bloat I was experiencing. I am waiting to hear back from the wd slider people, they may be able to propose a fix for us.

We can do without the two plugins for now.

Appreciate your time. Thanks, Ed Sanders

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.