Fresh Page gives Php conflict in Pro after setting it to Checkout

Hi!
It seems that the Pro editor conflicts with Woocommerce latest update. I do not know where and how, but after i create a new page, and leave it default, the editor loads as usual. But after i change the page in Woocommerce to Checkout page, the editor gives this error:

" The preview could not load due iframe response is being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or customizations introducing PHP error"

I have no PHP customizations. The only thing what could be, the W3 total cache. I deactivated it, but the error still persist. After i deactivate Woocommerce, the error is gone. (Of course as there is no checkout page anymore) On Cart page it loads normal.
after i reactivate Woocommerce i get this message:

“Your theme (Pro) contains outdated copies of some WooCommerce template files. These files may need updating to ensure they are compatible with the current version of WooCommerce.”

Please look into this.
Pro theme version: 3.0.4
Woocommerce version: 3.8.0
Woocommerce Services version: 1.22.1
PHP version: 7.2.24 (no i cannot update PHP on my host yet)
WordPress version: 5.2.4

**edit: After i checked the woocommerce statuses i found this:

Archive template: Your theme has a woocommerce.php file, you will not be able to override the woocommerce/archive-product.php custom template since woocommerce.php has priority over archive-product.php. This is intended to prevent display issues.
Overrides pro/woocommerce/cart/cross-sells.php,
pro/woocommerce/loop/loop-end.php,
pro/woocommerce/loop/loop-start.php,
pro/woocommerce/loop/pagination.php,
pro/woocommerce/notices/error.php,
pro/woocommerce/notices/notice.php,
pro/woocommerce/notices/success.php,
pro/woocommerce/single-product/related.php,
pro/woocommerce/single-product/tabs/tabs.php version 2.4.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.8.0,
pro/woocommerce/single-product/up-sells.php,
pro/woocommerce/single-product-reviews.php

Could this be?

Hello Desirous,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that the Pro 3.0.4 only supports up to WooCommerce 3.6.5. You can check it here:

We are yet to release an update which will fix this. For now, I would highly recommend that revert back to the previous version of WooCommerce. You can get older version here:

Regards.

Ooops!
This i did not know…And if i revert back the woocommerce now, has that effect on my site`s functionality with Pro?
I updated WordPress to 5.3, does Pro supports it already? Or should i revert this also back…
Also It seems that Pro has constant conflict with W3 Total cache. Is it a general cache conflict, or only with this particular plugin?
Is refund possible after the 30 day passed?

Hello Desirous,

Yes, Pro 3.0.3 works with WordPress 5.3. Using the WooCommerce 3.6.5 will not have any effect on the site’s functionality. Pro does not have any conflict with W3 Total Cache. It is just that right after every update or site changes, you MUST clear the cache of W3 Total Cache plugin or else none of the updates or site caches will be reflected into page. It will even create conflict since the backend uses the latest code while the styling is using the old cache version of the site.

And with regards to refunds, it is not possible after 30 days have passed.

Best Regards.

Thank you very much for the answer.
I was suspicious about the cache and thanks for clarifying it. Actually I asked if refund is possible because i was considering to somehow change back to X. Pro is somehow seems too complex for my level of knowledge at the moment.

Hello Desirous,

Pro theme is recommend for intermediate and advanced users like coders, designers and developers. It also has a custom header and footer builder which will allow you to create unique headers and footers. The X theme is for beginners and intermediate users. Actually you can still use X theme since you have upgraded your X theme to Pro. Simply go to your ThemeForest account and download the X theme. You can install it to your site and see if it is more easier for you. If you decide to customize the header or footer then you will have to switch back to Pro.

Hope this helps.

Simple like this? wow. I am struggling with the Pro since more than a month, and the solution is so easy? Pro is really too much for my beginner level of html,css,coding and all this stuff. Thank you! I love the header and footer builder, but it is too high price at the moment for the time i lose with tutorials and such.
Just one more question, and then this topic actually can be closed:
If i build the website with X, and later i consider to change back to Pro, will the site be compatible? i mean what i built can i keep the structure,content and everything when i change back?

Hello Desirous

If i build the website with X, and later i consider to change back to Pro, will the site be compatible? i mean what i built can i keep the structure,content and everything when i change back?

Yes, you can do that since X is compatible with Pro theme. Most users starts by using X to set up their site with the help of the demo contents. Later on the build, they switch to Pro theme so that they can customize the header and the footer. All of the X theme options settings will be inherited when you switch to Pro and that goes vice versa. All of the pages created with Cornerstone can be edited with Pro Editor and that also goes the other way around. The only thing that is not possible is that if you have created custom header and footer in Pro theme, when you switch back to X, you will only have the default header and footer.

Hope this helps. Best Regards.

Hi again. I finally succeeded to install Woocommerce to 3.6.5. somehow when i uploaded the 3.6.5 version i ended up always with 3.8.0. Now i managed to upload it, and i got a surprise: MY SITE CRASHED! Got a nice critical error.
Ouch. I guess i can live without product tabs. right? Now excuseme, i have some backups to restore. :slight_smile:

Hey @desirousdesires,

I’m sorry to hear your site crashed. I believe that neither X nor Cornerstone caused the crash though. Please ask your web host support to read the server’s error log and they will know what exactly is the cause of the crash.

Also, let me clarify something. Even if you use WooCommerce 3.6.5, you will really receive the error message in Cornerstone.

That is normal because you cannot edit WooCommerce’s Checkout page in Cornerstone because there’s no content area in it. The Checkout page is powered by a special template and it would require custom development to edit the said template so you need to hire a developer to customize it.

This is not recommended and we do not support this method but just for your knowledge, an alternative other users do is they unassign the page as the WC Checkout page and they just insert the checkout shortcode ([woocommerce_checkout]) inside a Classic Text element in Cornerstone. This might work for you but again, this is not recommended and issues that would arise from the use of this method will not be supported.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.