Fresh install, new theme, getting Fatal Error

Hello,

I purchased this theme a couple of days ago from Themeforest, tried installing it on a fresh WordPress install with no other plugins installed or active. Whenever I activate the Visual Composer plugin, I am getting the following error

Fatal error: Wrong vc_map object. Base attribute is required in wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/helpers/helpers_api.php on line 26

Theme version is 6.2.5 which is the latest.

Hi There,

May I know the version of Visual Composer plugin you’re using?

The compatible version is 5.5.2:

Please also try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If it doesn’t help, would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

I have already mentioned that it’s a fresh install with NO plugins at all. Only the cornerstone plugin is there. I even disabled that to check but the error still shows up.

I am using the Visual Composer which came with the theme so am not sure why you are asking for the version. I also just checked and the version is 5.5.2.

About the logins. I will definitely not be doing that on a public forum…

Hi There @LaDeessa

In that case, please check the PHP version running on your server. We recommend to use PHP v5.6.x or above to avoid incompatibility issues.

With regard to login information, you can safely submit your login credentials in a secure note. So, those information will be only accessible by our staff.

Thanks!

PHP version is 5.6.36

I will send the logins in a bit.

Hi There,

Can you lease update your PHP version for a possible fix?
Please check this for clarification!

If you will still face your issue please send us your login details as requested above.

Thanks

I have requested the hosting company to upgrade to PHP 7.1 and they have done that but I still get that error.

I have sent the secure note with the wp-admin login.

Hello @LaDeessa,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I first removed the existing copy of Visual Composer and then reinstalled from X > Validation > Extensions but the error message was showing up upon trying to activate VC. I then renamed the Visual Composer folder from FTP and then deleted the same from WordPress plugins section. After that I manually uploaded the plugins files using FTP but error message was still showing up.

Next, I deactivated X Theme, Cornerstone and reactivated default theme. After that I reactivated VC and it worked fine. To narrow down the problem, I reactivated Cornerstone fist and then the parent X Theme and Visual Composer worked fine. However, when I activated the Child theme error started showing up. I had to rename VC folder and when I checked the child theme, it seems that you have made customization related with VC.

Now, we can’t provide support for customizations as it falls outside the scope of support we offer. So for now I have activated Visual Composer and parent X Theme. Visual Composer is working fine and there’s no issues. Regarding the changes, may be you can remove them or get some help from a developer.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.