French character issue

Some character like “á” are displaying like “u00e1”. In edit mode all seems ok, but in browser side all is broken.

https://www.padsworld.com/fr/des-tapis-de-souris-modeles-ergonomiques/

Thanks for your support.

Hi There,

Your website looks like this screenshot on my end:

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Switch to the parent theme to check if the issue persists.
  7. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  8. Turn off all the cache plugins.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Sorry, yesterday after post I modified htaccess file, now the site is ok.

I did all your steps.

Issue remains.

Hi There,

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my local installation:

The flags are not showing when you edit the pages with Cornerstone as well. Could you please re-install the WPML plugin?

If it doesn’t help, I would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X/Pro updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site.

To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please let us know how it goes.

I reinstall WPML plugin, the issue remains, this problem affect only pages created with cornerstone, all text are corrupted, in french and english.

https://www.padsworld.com/en/mousepads-ergonomics-models/

I change the text in cornerstone, after a few hours it appears corrupted.

I´m desperate.

When I fix the text:

Day after:

Nobody edit any content, nobody access to database…it´s crazy…

have similar if not identical issues with Polish letters and wpml

Hi @lonerzero,

Did something change on your server configuration recently? It seems your site is having a Character Encoding Problem. Please follow the solution provided here.

@Stiu1980, please do the same, if it does not work, please create your own thread and provide us your URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

How To Get Support

Cheers!

No, no changes.

The solution about comment lines in wp-config.php not work for me…

This issue only appears in pages created with cornerstone. All product pages are perfect, no issues, no wrong characters…

Hey Francisco,

This most probably has something to do with your database setup. The setup might be non-standard because we could not replicate this issue in our test sites.

Since the define('DB_COLLATE', 'utf8_general_ci'); code does not work in your site, please contact your host if something’s preventing that from working.

Also, what is your actual database collation?

Thanks.

define(‘DB_COLLATE’, ‘’);

Hi Francisco,

From what version you have upgraded your version? Please check this https://make.wordpress.org/core/2015/04/02/the-utf8mb4-upgrade/

And my installations uses utf8mb4_unicode_ci or utf8mb4_general_ci for collation, maybe your database needs some upgrade for that area and maybe the saved data is still encoded like the old one which changing through wp-config may have no effect. I recommend contacting your hosting provider.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.