FPDF error: Image file has no extension and no type was specified:

Modern Events Calendar extension is giving me this message when trying to open the invoice (both the email invoice link and the dashboard “download invoice” link.)

“FPDF error: Image file has no extension and no type was specified:”

I can’t get support from the webnus guys cause i don’t have a purchase code.

I have to deliver the website to a customer in 5 days and had to test booking all weekend so it’s really urgent!

Kind Regards
Marinus Elgaard

Hi there,

This might be a problem of the old version of the PHP installed on your hosting service provider but I am not sure.

Would you please kindly contact your hosting service provider and ask them that they comply with the minimum version support of PHP mentioned here:

http://php.net/supported-versions.php

Also, make sure that you have the version 5.2.4 of the theme and version 2.1.6 of the Cornerstone plugin. If not please kindly update:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the detailed steps to recreate the issue so that we can check the case in our installation to see if it is related to your environment or a bug presented in the plugin itself.

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Still not working:
Updated theme, cornerstone and plugins
checked with my host and we are running PHP version: 7.0.25
Tried with different setups and went through the booking process in different browsers and computers.

We are using Stripe as the gateway and it’s currently in test_mode and we are testing with the stripe test cards.
We are not on a SSL connection. (still on development server)

Link to our site (In danish tho): http://magnushansson.villagevisuals.com/kalender/

Below is a picture of how to replicate the issue. (Not the only one tho)

Hi there,

Would you mind providing your FTP and Admin login credentials on a secure note? I’m not sure how Modern Calendars is affecting the PDF processing, but maybe it’s outputting some header information and I may need to trace it out. And if not possible to fix right away then I can at least confirm it and add to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

Here you are! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I enabled debugging and even intentionally trigger an error but it won’t generate any logs. I recommend contacting your hosting provider about this issue. It can’t generate the PDF file and there are many possible reasons.

1. The temporary folder is not writable/readable or unreachable
  2. It can’t move the generated PDF from temporary folder to target destination
  3. PDF generation is not allowed by your system
  4. And more in which your only host could explain :slight_smile:

Hence, resulting to invalid filename since the PDF itself doesn’t exist. And looks like you’re on Windows hosting, I tried it on non-windows hosting and it perfectly works.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I will contact my hosting provider and let you guys know what the results are. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.

Let us know how it goes!

Got following answer from my host:

We are running on Linux servers, so don’t know where you get the windows from
We need some php errors or something to work with.
It seems like a php issue since we don’t hide any error messages from our part
I get “Security nonce is not valid.” when I try and open an invoice

It’s currently hosted at unoeuro
I don’t know how to look through all the plugin code. I already tried and it’s a bit too much for me.
How can I proceed from here? It’s the only thing I need before I can air the website and it’s already 8 days delayed. :frowning:

Hey @VillageVisuals,

This looks like an issue with your host. When I clicked on the download link

I get this

Would you mind replicating your setup in another web host real quick to see if this happens in other hosts. You can setup a free dev site at Pantheon.io. This is the quickest way to know if the issue is related to your current host or not.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.