Formidablepro Modal not working on v2.1.x throws js error

X Formidablepro Modal not workin since pro v1.2.7

Hi. I had issued a ticket on this back when v2.0.x was first released and am now testing on taging instance with pro 2.1.6. The issue remains which is Formidablepro’s modal does not appear, only the semi-opaque overlay. I did confirm again that deactivating all plugins other than FF Modal did nto resolve and when changing to WP 2017 theme the issue was resolved. So I am thinking this remains to be a xpro issue. The console whows the same js errors as when I last tried updating xpro.

Screenshot of page with errors attached. Yu can also view behavior at https://staging.mysalus.org/clean-page/ and the link Add Appointments. My production site is still running on xpro v1.2.7 where everthing seems to work and stepping through testing on xpro v2.1.6. I have read the various kb’s about the v2 upgrade and trying to step through them all and test. This is probably the first of several tickets regaring my upgrade.

Ideas?

Hi @dsthompson,

Thanks for writing in.

I want to check your site however your site could not be reached.

Please test also for plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks.

Hmm. Site should be available https://staging.mysalus.org/clean-page/ which just has the modal link. If you need access to the page shown above https://staging.mysalus.org/my-home it will need you to logon. I will provide credentials in secure note. And yes, already tried deactivating all other plugins (no change to error thrown). Changing themes to WP 2017 did resolve the error.

Hi @dsthompson,

I checked and the issue the missing function

emulateTransitionEnd

I tried finding it on existing javascript codes of Formiddable and it’s not there. Perhaps you can contact the plugin author and get some information on where we can find this function emulateTransitionEnd()?

Thanks!

Hi, here sis the reply I received form Formidablepro.

— The functions for the Bootstrap modal are in the Bootstrap javascript. It sounds like your theme is loading a different version of the Bootstrap js. — Was there a js bootstrat change between v1.2.7 and 2.1.x?

Hope this helps narrow down the issue.

Hi @dsthompson

I’ve checked this link:

and this is how I can see this page:

I’m not sure what should I do to replicate this issue? also, I can see the old Pro version is installed on this staging site, shouldn’t you update the theme first to the latest stable version so we can replicate this issue?

Thanks.

Hi. Thanks for the response. I had been doing some other testing and now have the modal shortcode in both production and staging. I also mistakenly updated production to 2.1.6 and can’t find the v1.2.7 download link to reset production. So currently both https://mysalus.org and https://staging.mysalus.org ar on v2.1.6 and you can see the modal behavior at /clean-page.

Could you send me the link to download v1.2.7 so I can reset production (if needed).

Thankyou

Hi dthom,

Unfortunately, we do not have the old version of the Pro and you need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to restore a backup for you.

If you go to your Themeco Dashboard you will see the previous version which is 2.0.4 and much older than the one you want to have:

Having said that, I would like to have a look at the case. Please get back to us with the information below of your Staging website using a secure note: (Please do not add the live website information to make sure we do not break something accidentally).

• WordPress Dashboard URL
  • WordPress Dashboard Username
  • WordPress Dashboard Password
  • FTP Server URL
  • FTP Port
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

If you have problems finding the FTP information please ask the hosting service provider to give the information to you.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update. I have restored production to v1.2.7 and staging is on v2.1.6. Will add secure note as requested.

Hi @dsthompson,

Unfortunately, I couldn’t log-in with the provided FTP, maybe the IP and port are incorrect as it stays on connecting status. For the meantime, would it be okay if we can get a copy of the version of Formidable plugin that you have? I could test and try it on my installation too with 2.1.6.

Thanks!

yes, sorry for the delay here. FormidablePro Version 3.02.02 Also FTP is acutally link to plesk console to ten get to the documents on instance https://staging.mysalus.org I tried the link and it should take you to a logon page - It works for me.
Also Formidable got back to me and said the version of bootstrap they use is v3.3.5 of Bootstrap

Thanks much!! Will keep an eye on updates

Hi dthom,

Thank you for providing the information to Plex which leads to the File Manager which I could access the files. I did an experiment and it worked. I went to the official Bootstrap site and downloaded the latest minified version of the JS. Then I replaced that with the version which the Formidable plugin has and it worked!

Please consider that I changed the JS file of the Formidable form and as soon as you update the plugin my changes will be overridden. I suggest that you contact the plugin developer and inform them regarding the solution we have found.

Thank you.

Thanks so much!

So that I can be specific with FFpro, which js file(s) and in which folder(s).

Your help with this is very much appreciated and now I can get on the latest version of xpro. Yea

Also, did you replace their version with the latest bootstrap js? What version please.

Thanks

Hey @dsthompson,

I’m not sure what folder but the file @christopher.amirian replaced is bootstrap.min.js. And, according to what he said in the previous reply, he replaced it with the latest version which upon checking, is currently 3.3.7.

Thanks.

Thanks much. Missed the part about latest version.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.