Footer widget columns not working

The footer columns in Ethos are not working. I chose 3 columns and they are not formatting into 3 columns. It is creating one large footer area above the bottom footer and when I put a widget into the numbered footer column (footer 1) in the widget area it spreads it across the entire bottom of the page. Please let me know how to resolve this.
Thanks

Hey @michellegarcia,

Our theme does not have a bug with regards to Footer Widget Columns. Broken layouts like what you have encountered are usually caused by syntax errors in HTML the user has inserted.

I checked your site and there’s broken HTML withing the First Footer Widget Area. You have unclosed div. If you have not inserted HTML manually or you’re using a third-party widget, please remove it and see if the issue persists. You must contact the author of the widget to fix the issue.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,
Thanks. There is a footer that says Subsscribe with field boxes and Asterisks. I did not put it there and I don’t know where it is coming from. Can you help me figure out how to get rid of it? The Sign up form in the Widget area in Wordpress is in Footer 1 and it does not show up. Please help me.
Thanks.

There is no way to send you a screenshot but the broken subscribe on the bottom right and the line on the left are not in the widget area and did not put them there. I don’t know where they are coming from and the new sign up form I did put into Footer 1 Widget and another item in Footer 2 WIdget are not showing up in the 2 column footer area. Please help me figure out what is happening.
Thank you

Here are the 2 Footer widget areas I created and are not showing up:

Hello @michellegarcia,

Since you already did the correct settings, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thank you, I sent a secure note above with the information.

Also, the mobile menu is not showing up. Can you please see what is causing this as well?
Thank you

Hi Michelle,

I have checked your site and there is actually no issue with the Footer Widget contents it’s just that the Ethos stack got the following default CSS:

.h-widget {
    margin: 16px 0 12px;
    font-size: 128.6%;
    line-height: 1.3;
    color: #fff;
}

.widget {
    color: rgba(255,255,255,0.25);
}

These CSS codes are meant to set the colors of the text in the Footer Widget area light/white since the default background for the footer widget area of Ethos is a dark color just like what you can see in the Ethos 1 Demo.

Now, to solve the text color issue, you can override the text color by adding these codes in the Global CSS:

.masthead-stacked .x-btn-navbar,
.x-colophon.top .h-widget,
.x-colophon.top .widget {
    color: #999999;
}

The code above should also address the mobile menu icon not showing up.

Kindly note that since this is a custom code that changes the default behavior/display of the theme, you will be responsible to maintain or update the code in case you require further changes or if the code stops working in future updates. If you are uncertain how to proceed, it would be best to get in touch with a developer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks that worked

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.