Footer Style Issue

Despite having the styling applied in the footer, the font color doesn’t transfer. The element that I am having an issue with is the navigation menu. I have selected a white font color, but the navigation menu text appears as black text on the actual page. When I use inspect elements in chrome, I can see where it is still specified as:

.x-anchor-text-primary {
color: #000 !important;
opacity: 1;
}

I have the same issue with two different footers; however, the one I am working on is assigned to this page https://brewerinspections.com/service-area/st-louis-home-inspections/

Hi @mark2inspect,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please check your Theme Option -> CSS and search for the mentioned custom CSS.
If you wont find that please send us your login details so that we can have a look.
Before that please check following things.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.
  2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
    All the best!

I deactivated all of the plugins to make sure the problem is not related to a plugin conflict. There are no conflicts, so reactivated the plugins. I also checked the versions of WordPress and Pro and both are up to date.

WordPress 4.9.8
Installed Version 2.3.8

Finally, I clear the cache in my browser, through the c-panel, and the firewall CDN and still have the same issue. I will supply you with login credentials in a secure note as per your request. Thank you for your assistance in resolving my issue.

It should look like this

but it appears like this

Thank you again for your assistance.

Hello @mark2inspect,

You are having the issue because you have added this custom css in the header:

.x-anchor-sub-indicator {
}

So that it will only be applied to the header, please have it updated and use this instead:

.x-bar-h .x-anchor-sub-indicator {
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I replace the old CSS with the CSS you provided and it had no affect. Do you have any other suggestions?

Hi,

Try adding a class to your footer bar where your menu resides.

Then add this in Footer > CSS

.my-bar.x-bar-h .x-anchor-sub-indicator {
}

Hope that helps

That didn’t work either. I also tried

.my-bar .x-bar-h .x-anchor-sub-indicator .x-anchor-text-primary {
color: #fff !important;
}

Since when I use inspect elements I could see that is where the color was coming from, but no luck with that either. Plus when I change that with the inspect elements tool in chrome it changed the drop down text to white.

Hello @mark2inspect,

I have logged in and resolved your issue. I updated the code and used this instead:

.x-bar-top .x-anchor-text-primary {
}

.x-bar-top .x-anchor-sub-indicator {
}

If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Thank you for your assistance!

:grinning:

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.