Footer image retina dimensions

Hi There,

Please add the following CSS to Theme Options CSS

.fm5.x-image {
    width: 200px;
}

hHpe it helps

thanks! could you explain a little? is this another bug?
i want it displayed for retina displays, too.
adding this css does not change anything i could see.
thanks. kai

Hi again,

This is not a bug, as you know Pro needs customs adjustments. it will work for retina displays too, no worries.

Best regards.

hi bappi,
i don’t understand. we are at square one here.
it is not working. see my first entry here.
thanks, kai

do i have to set up the width manually, too? or can i leave it at “auto”?
what happens at the setting “auto”? it is now bigger than the original image!

an image element in the content area behaves differently. it changes size weather or not i activate retina or not.

more: i found this page explaining how to use that image element:

it says:

Type - Standard Or scaling. This effects which options display.If you select the standard option you’ll see all controls and modifications. If you select scaling you’ll see less options but your image would then be responsive. Depending on the specific use case you may want to have a standard image, hide that on mobiles and then use a scaling image for example.

i do not see any settings for “type”. and it does not clarify if i need to set a width in pixel or not in order to have my image displayed by its original dimensions.

Hello There,

The standard/scaling type set up can only be found in the header builder.

Please make use of the “Standard”, set the width “Auto” and let the image dimensions as default. The width “auto” or any width you set will be used as the width of the container of the image and not for the image. The image will still use the image dimension.

If you select “scaling”, the image dimension will still be same what ever you have set it. It will not display any bigger. The scaling will be used for the container setting the minimum dimension for the image.

Hope this helps.

thanks @RueNel,

as the topic title says - i am working with the footer builder here.

that the image element has less options in the footer builder adds to the mess of pro for me. i did not see that mentioned in the image element documentation which i mentioned here. slowly i am going nuts with pro.

it makes things so much more confusing than it need to be and also contains too many bugs. and as i understand your dev team is busy with the template manager and only after that they will fix bugs…

could you please please let me know how to set up an image in the footer! builder so that is uses its actual pixel dimensons but also with retina support?

thanks, kai

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback, the footer builder does not have the standard/scaling feature. But the Image element is Retina compatible out if the box and that Retina eye icon you see is more of an informational control to show how it will be shown in retina devices. Please kindly consider that the Retina-ready feature will only work for bitmap-based images and not SVG ones.

Here is a complete description of the matter:

Thank you for your understanding.

hi christopher,
thanks for your explanation! support times are lightning fast these days :thumbsup:
i use jpg or png images with the double width/height in pixel and then turn on retina in the image element. then - usually - a 500px image is being displayed at 250px.
using the “eye toggle” in the footer builder does not change the size of the image. it stays the same. bigger than the original image (in pixel)!
so how do i set it up correctly in the footer builder? do i need to specify the width in pixel (in my example 250px) or leaf the size on “auto”? all while having the eye toggle on retina?
thanks again and have a great day! kai

Hi there,

Please try setting the width to 100%, then the max-width with the fixed pixel value. Example, 100% for width, then 250px for max width.

This will make sure it will retain your preferred size when viewed on desktop, but will still respond on device smaller than 250px width.

Thanks!

thanks rad! yours and other settings give me the same result just by looking at it. i have not a very good idea what happens behind the scenes - codewise. but i set it up like you said - even though i would never have come up with this combination of settings myself. thanks a lot! kai

Hi there,

I suggest that now you check the case in a real Retina device, do not rely on the eye icon, please. You should see the image crispy and not blurry.

Thank you.

i checked and it looks very sharp :wink:
doing so i tried to use cornerstone no my ipad. it works partially. have to select text elements via the grid view, though.
do you work on using cornerstone on mobile devices, too?
thanks again! kai

Hello @iTurtle,

Thanks for updating thread.

I am assuming that you are asking for ability to to edit page layout using Cornerstone on a mobile device. Please note that as of now Cornerstone is only usable in desktop, reason being there are bunch of features and functions that aren’t applicable for mobile and will breaks the overall editing experience. In future we may look to have mobile edit feature wherein users get editing interface that is tailored for mobile devices.

Thanks for understanding.

hi prasant, yes, that is what i meant. as i found out some editing is possible right now already. but an editor tailored to mobile devices would be great! thanks! kai

Hi there,

Noted, I also like the idea of the mini builder for mobile, but of course, content made through that is only applicable for mobile since there is no way you can select different preview on mobile (you can’t select a desktop view as a sample). But again, since there are many features that aren’t available in mobile, I’m not sure if it’s doable, maybe not yet :slight_smile:

Thanks!

yes. i wouldn’t want to design a whole site on my iphone or ipad… but changing or adding text and pictures would be useful :wink: have a great sunday! kai

Noted :wink: Have a nice weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.