Footer hidden when globally assigned

I am having issues with the footer not being visible when globally assigned. I am able to assign it to one page and have it work, however I need the functionality of having it on all pages.

I tried clearing website and browser cache, creating a new footer, and even loading a site backup, however the issue persists. I also don’t believe it is a plugin compatibility issue as I haven’t changed or installed any plugins since the issue began.

The issue arose when trying to fix an issue where the footer was overlapping my body content regardless of how I set the Z index. Not sure if this is an easy fix, but I wasn’t able to find anything that worked in support

Thank you so much for any help.

santiagoelliott.com/devsite1

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, this is a weird one, I don’t see you have a child theme, But Is there a chance that you did a template modification directly on the parent PRO theme? If so, please setup a child theme and move all your customization on the child theme.

If not, please update your Pro theme to the latest version (2.2.5)
Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If updating the theme did not work, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers

Hey Friech,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will install the child theme and move my customisation there.

Do you know if there’s a way to move all customisations there through a backup and restore Zip?

I will update you in the next few days once I have a chance to move to the child theme.

Hello There,

I am afraid that you will have to copy and paste your modifications to the child theme. There is no other way to move those in the child theme through a backup or restore zip. Just rename your x folder to another name and upload a fresh one from the dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard). Having it renamed to a different folder, we can make sure that you have a copy of your modifications. You can then copy and paste each of those modifications into your child theme.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I installed a fresh copy of the theme as well as installed and activated the child theme, however the issue persists.

I have also done cache clearings and plugin testing with no results.

I am quite confused because it only ever occurs when the footer is used as a global footer. If I apply it to each page individually it is able to work. However, this is a portfolio based site so I will be constantly adding to it and this will become a difficult task to do in time.

Is there any way you could check why this may be occurring? I’m afraid it somehow is a break in the code even though I only ever use the custom CSS panel in cornerstone and never adjust the theme files.

Thanks

ADDED NOTE: The issue also continues when I use original footers in the theme option.

Also looked into chrome inspector and found no content was being delivered in the footer (x-colophon) ( == $0)

Any ideas as to why this only happens when globally assigned?

Hello There,

I have investigated your site and I can confirm that the issue exists. Would you mind providing us the site ftp login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Hey ReuNel,

I will attach the info in the following message. I’m sorry it has taken so long to get back in touch, I was moving and I am finally having time to get back working on this.

Thank you

Hi There,

I’ve tried:

• Turned off all the 3rd party plugins
  • Uploaded the fresh new Pro theme

But the issue still persists.

Could you please completely turn off the server caching as well?

Let us know how it goes!

Hey,

I just disabled all caching for the whole domain. Everything is purged and in development mode. Is there anything else I can do to help with the process?

Thanks

Hi @Dulcie07,

Is there a way we could access the logs of your dev site? I activated the WP_DEBUG_LOG but it won’t log so I can’t really tell if there is an error or just warning. It maybe disabled by your host, what I see is just error_log file which dated back June 26, 2018.

I also increased memory limit without luck, does this happen on your live site too? I’ll continue checking having another staging from another host will be helpful to compare the two setups.

Thanks!

Hey,

I tried what I could find on google to get the debug log working, but had no luck. I’m not sure why it’s unable to create the log file. I also tried WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY true with no luck.

Thank you for your help.

Hey @Dulcie07,

When you said:

Please tell us what exactly did you do maybe it can give us an idea. Also try contacting your host to downgrade to PHP 5.6 then check if the issue persists. If it does, also try upgrading to PHP 7.2 then test again.

I tried to login using your FTP credentials but I get an error (see secure note). Please give us the updated credentials.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,

I had been using the custom CSS function in cornerstone to try and create a sticky footer. The footer had been overlapping part of the my content and I wanted to make sure it began after. I had tried to do this using flexbox.

I then noticed the footer had disappeared in global assignment. Once I removed the custom css the issue persisted.

I tried to change my PHP version, but came across the message below.

I also checked the FTP and it’s still functioning with the given login. Let me know if it is still giving you issues.

Thanks

Hi,

You have an incompatible version of php and mysql.

Since you upgraded your php, you need to upgrade your mysql as well.

Thanks

Hey Paul,

I wasn’t actually able to end up upgrading my PHP at that point. I just now tried changing PHP to all the different versions with no luck in changes to the footer.

Thanks

Hey @Dulcie07,

There’s something weird I just discovered in your setup. There’s 2 Pro themes and I tried to delete them so I could install a fresh copy. Deleting the first Pro theme was successful. However, upon deleting the other one, I got this:

But, it clearly exist because you can activate it. This leads me to conclude that there’s something wrong in your server and/or your WordPress setup. Would you mind copying your site to another server like in http://poopy.life/ to check if the issue persists? Because if it does, it might be something in your WordPress setup.

I still could not login using the FTP access you gave us. You can try giving us cPanel access instead.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.