Footer failed to save

Hi there,

As admin everything works fine.
My client, user role: Editor. With permission for Footers…

…is able to edit the footer, but when they want to save the footer, they get the following message.

They get the same message when they want to edit the header.

Would you like to take a look at this?

Hi, van den Berg,

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  5. Try to add a new footer and test the case to see if it is the footer in the question of a general problem.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Thank you.

1. Website is up to date.
  2. It’s not a plugin conflict.
  3. Basic CSS, not causing the issue
  4. There is no CDN
  5. It is not possible to create a new footer -as editor-, adminstrator works fine.
  6. Memory limit is 512M

Like I said, It works on my end as administrator… but not as editor. See first post for permission settings that are active for user role editor.

Hi there,

I have done some testing and I was able to replicate this issue on my local installation as well.

I already noted and added this to our issue tracker so that our developers will be aware of it.

For the meantime, kindly set the user as an admin user so that they will be able to save the footer.

Thank you.

@Jade, thanks for looking in to it.

Thanks for understanding :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.