Footer duplicated (one unstyled)

I updated to the latest version but couldn’t edit - so I’ve now updated to the latest stable version and I can edit but it is still showing 2 headers and footers (one without styling). When I go to edit, it only shows the unstyled one.

Sorry that should only say 2 footers. There are not 2 headers (although the header is also doing something strange by being oddly transparent.)

Hello @RozBeste,

Thanks for writing in! Pro 2.3.8 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

I tried using ftp to upgrade to 2.3.8 but it doesn’t work at all now so I’ve dropped back to 2.2.5 again. How do I do it automatically?

I’ve now upgraded again to 2.3.8 and cleared the cache. This time I can edit, but I still have 2 footers (note I have php 7)

Hey @RozBeste,

I’m sorry but I’m currently not sure what is causing this issue because it’s the first time I’ve seen this case. Would you mind giving us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup?

Thanks.

Hello @RozBeste,

I have logged in and it appears that you have installed Pro theme incorrectly. You are supposed to upload the pro.zip. It your current set up, you have uploaded the files in wp-content/themes/pro/pro/. It should only be wp-content/themes/pro/. Please log in to your ftp and delete all those pro folders. Make sure that you only have one Pro theme and place it in the correct folder.

I have deleted the old files. However, please can you give me clearer instructions on how to update.

If I am using ftp, I don’t think they should be zipped.

If I use ftp to make only one folder of pro - and then try to reload the webpage I get the message: "The theme directory “pro/pro” does not exist.

If I use the WordPress GUI Appearance - Themes - there is no update next to Pro so did you want me to temporarily use a completely different theme like twenty seventeen and then upload the zip here? Won’t that cause a problem?

Hello @RozBeste,

Yes the folder pro/pro exist because that is the location of your current Pro theme. To resolve this, please log in to your ftp and browse to wp-content/themes/ folder and do the following:

• Rename pro folder to old-pro
  • Go to your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and download pro.zip
  • Unzip pro.zip
  • Upload the pro folder (from the unzip pro.zip) to your themes folder wp-content/themes/

Once done uploading the file, you should now be using the updated Pro theme. You can delete old-pro later on.

I did exactly as you said and got the same message “The thee directory pro/pro does not exist”. I renamed the new file as pro238 and the old one as pro so that my website still works. Do you have another suggestion? Thanks. Roz

Hello @RozBeste,

Would you mind providing us the your ftp login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

I’ve updated the secure note with those details. Thanks

Hello @RozBeste,

I have fixed the issue and you are now using the latest version of Pro theme installed in the correct directory.

Please check your site now.

Great. Thanks

So now there is only one (unstyled) footer. When I go to edit the footer (I only have one for the whole site), it looks styled but on each page it shows as unstyled.

The static header also appears transparent (so when you scroll you can see the page behind the words on the header) when it should have a white background.

Can you help with that now I have the correct version of everything. Thanks

Hello @RozBeste,

What you are experiencing now is just a caching issue. Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode (Incognito mode) and test your site again.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Thanks. That fixed the footer problem but not the transparent/hidden header problem. The header used to be (and should be) static with a white background.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Hi,

I changed the background of the header to a different color then changed it back to white again.

That seems to have fixed the issue, kindly check in your end.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.