Footer deleting JS and completely disappearing with HTML

I looked around the forums and support tickets and it seems this has been an issue for a while now. I have added some code to update the copyright notice year but that is being stripped when I close out of the editor. If I add HTML the entire footer deletes its contents and I have to start over again (4 times is enough).

This is what I want for the most part:

Copyright©<span data-year="true"></span> Wallart Press, All Rights Reserved. • Site Produced by Altitude Color Technologies<br /> 6185 S. Valley View Blvd., Suite B, Office #2, Las Vegas, NV 89118 • Toll Free +1 (800) 365-1495 Ext: 235

This is what I get:
Copyright© <span> Wallart Press, All Rights Reserved. • Site Produced by Altitude Color Technologies<br /> 6185 S. Valley View Blvd., Suite B, Office #2, Las Vegas, NV 89118 • Toll Free +1 (800) 365-1495 Ext: 235

If I add a hyperlink to the company website or a click to call on the 800 number it wipes the entire footer out.

I literally cannot update any other footer on any other site because I’ll lose those footers altogether on save (they still work for some reason). This wasn’t the case a little over a year ago when I could do these things. Why is an issue now and how come it is still an issue a year later? Is there a workaround?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Please do not insert illegal characters in the footer text content.
You can update your code and use this instead:

<p>Copyright© <span data-year="true"></span> Wallart Press, All Rights Reserved. • Site Produced by Altitude Color Technologies<br>6185 S. Valley View Blvd., Suite B, Office #2, Las Vegas, NV 89118 • Toll Free +1 (800) 365-1495 Ext: 235</p>

And if you want to add a link tag, you may add something like this:

<p>Copyright© <span data-year="true"></span> Wallart Press, All Rights Reserved. • Site Produced by <a href="#your-link-here">Altitude Color Technologies</a><br>6185 S. Valley View Blvd., Suite B, Office #2, Las Vegas, NV 89118 • Toll Free +1 (800) 365-1495 Ext: 235</p>

If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

I did exactly that, even repeated it using your coding.

this is the result

Hello There,

I have tested the same code in the custom footer builder using the text element. I could not replicate the issue.

Right after saving my changes, I can still check the layout and elements in it.

Could you please confirm that you have updated to the latest version of the theme?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 2.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

I have version 2.2.5. I turned off all the plugins, repeated the code entry, got the same result. It stripped date code and if I put in a hyperlink the footer gets wiped out completely.

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?
To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Okay, I have prepped as user profile for you and an FTP login. The site in question is https://wallart.press. I have (supposedly) granted you super admin privileges.

Hello There,

I have logged in to your site as a Super Admin. I could not check the site in question because it is not available. And your when I view the site, it redirects me to beta.dev.

Please see the secure note.

Okay, I have updated the information and login page on Wallart Press (will post new info in a secure note). If you can’t see Wallart Press let me know what country you are in so I can remove it from the block list.

Hi,

I have added the html code to your footer and it seems to work.

Kindly check in your end.

Thanks

So you have to use a widget to add code to your text. Of course, it doesn’t like to sit where it should when it goes live. It seems to me this would be a lot easier if it worked inside the footer editor in the first place.
Thank you for the help.

Q: How do I get rid of the double scrollbar?

Hello @ACT_WebDev,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I logged into the website and checked the front page and other pages, I don’t see double scrollbar issue on my end. Please see screencast. Please make sure you are using latest version of the browser you are using. Along with that, please make sure to clear cache.

Thanks.

wrong site (this is a WPMU, Altitude is the primary). https://wallart.press and it would seem that the double scrollbar only shows on my laptop.

Hello @ACT_WebDev,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Looks like the URL you have shared is hosted locally. It’s a bit difficult for us to assist you with the issues when website is locally stored. Please put up the website online for us to take a closer look.

Here’s a article that you can take a look to move website from local to live:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-move-wordpress-from-local-server-to-live-site/

Thanks.

WTF! It’s a live site!!

Well, I give up after 5 days of dicking around with this when a year ago I took me 15 minutes. I have returned to the default footer because at least that works like it is supposed to. This was a ridiculous exercise in futility. It may have taken 4 years of supporting themeco to get to this point, but I’m done.

Hey @ACT_WebDev,

We’re very sorry for the confusion. The double scroll bar in Pro usually happens if a Bar in the Footer has a fixed height and the content inside it is taller than the fixed height.

Setting the Bar’s Height to auto should eliminate the double scrollbar and also make the height of your bar automatically adjust to the content’s height.

I hope you could give this solution a chance.

Thanks.

Thank you, Christian_y. That was the answer I was looking for.

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.