Footer Content disappeared!

Hi,

I was working on the mobile version of the footer the morning with out issue.

Saved changes that i had made to to new Bars.

check on the entire footer had disappeared on both mobile and laptop/desktop.

I went back to the footer builder and all content (boxes and multiple Containers and elements) were gone.

The attached images show the current empty footer on the production its and the proper footer on the development site.

any help i greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Brent

I should also note that after the footer content disappeared this morning i created a template from the footer on the dev site and imported it into the live site. The content was not there.

Hi @Brent-St,

We’re sorry you’re having this issue. Yes, I can see you’re global footer is empty. I tried to build it on Copy of Main footer to check the issue. The elements doesn’t disappeared and it is still there.

Credentials on the dev site is not working so I can’t test the imported of footer. When it happens when you’re testing, Can you check the Console for errors? Please share a screenshot so we can see.

Hi Lely,

I have finished the footer you started, saved it, set it as the global footer. and the went back to edit it and all of the content was gone again.

The footer content is still showing on the front end of the site as i just closed the page footer build had loaded in and did not save it.

attached in the secure note are the error logs and the login to the dev site. Please do not change the password for the dev site. A different tech (different issue) with Themeco just changed it which was why you were not able to login.

thanks,

Brent

Hello Brent,

I can’t seem to view or login to your site. There is an error or your server is down.

Can you please double-check your server so that we can log in and investigate your footer issue?

Thanks.

I just checked and it work for me.

can you try a vpn to see if there is an issue with your IP being blocked?

Also that is the DEV site not the live site.

The dev site work fine

The live site has the issue with the disappearing footer content

Hello Brent,

I am using VPN and still I wasn’t able to login to your dev site. It seems that password is incorrect. Please double check it.
Meanwhile, I have login to your production site and edit your “New” footer. I made some changes to it and assigned it to a “New” page. I log out and login again to check the footer that I have saved. All my changes are still there. There must be something that you have added in your custom footer that prevents the builder from saving your changes. May we request to include in your next post reply if there is any code or custom html that you have added in your custom footer?

Thank you in advance.

Hi RueNel,

here is no custom code and the only custom html i have added is the three font awesome icons that are in the lower left side of footer.

Thanks,

Brent

Hello Brent,

I have tested both the staging and the production site. My footer was really not saved in the production. It seems that there is no data saved in the backend. Can you please update the Pro theme to 7.1.1 instead? Usually, cases like this is a result from a corrupted of missing file that could be caused during the updates.

Maybe we can start by updating the staging server and then move on to the production site. Please tell us what you think.

Regards.

Hi RueNel,

Updating the production server first work for me.

How do i update to Pro 7.1.1?

thanks,

Brent

Hey Brent,

Please go to Pro > Validation and click “Check Now”.
You can then go to Dashboard > Updates and update the Pro theme to 7.1.1 version.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Runnel,

I am assuming you mean 3.1.1

I have updated both the live and dev versions to the pro 3.1.1

Tried using the template on the love version (template 3) and still no luck.

seems to wok done on the dev server.

thanks,

Brent

Hi Brent,

In that case, would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? The front is completely blank but it does load in the builder. Perhaps the internal error is preventing the save process once it’s assigned.

The previous internal error is possible if the theme is corrupted and should be fixed by re-installation or update. But it seems it still has internal error based on my view on the front page.

Thanks!

attached in th secure note is the info you requested

Hi Brent,

I checked the production website and the footer was gone already, so I thought I do a test. I added a footer from scratch called Another X test. It has a simple Text element, it worked with no problem, even if I assign it as a global footer it works correctly and I can edit that later.

Then I created a template from the development website and imported it to the production website called Another X test 2 and it did not work and is blank.

This shows that the footer in question has a problem and you need to check that. I suggest that you try to recreate the footer on the production website and in each step save the footer, make it global and test the case. This will make sure that you will find the step that causes the issue.

I guess that something is different between the options of the development server and the production server which causes the issue, something that does not trigger the error on the development website but causes an unexpected behavior in the production.

I do understand that this will be a burden to start over on the production website and it might get blank midway, but that is the only way that you can see which action causes the issue on the production website.

Thank you for your understanding.

it is the icon code that is breaking the footer

any ideas why this code would use the footer to break?

Hi Brent,

This is an unusual case. In fact, I’ve tested extensively and the text element even without the icons, the problem persisted.

I tried retaining the links while changing the icons to text (e.g. Facebook, Email and Instagram) and the problem remained.

I tried removing the links while retaining the icons, the problem persisted. I tried using a Raw Element instead of a Text Element and the problem persisted.

My suspicion is that the problem is really in Production Site’s settings. It could be the theme installation or the server’s settings. I’d like to report this is a bug but it doesn’t occur on the dev, so it’s unlikely because of the theme.

Anyway, here’s a solution I’ll propose you to do on the Production site for the icons. I recommend that create a Global Block and use the Social Elements to add icons for FB, Email and IG. Then just call that Global Block on the footer.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.