Food Truck Demo Content fails to install

Hi, I have a fresh install of WordPress with X and just went to install the demo content and the food truck is failing to install. It gives the uh oh… Failed to install food truck after install. I look at what happens and the site hast the webpage content, no-menu, no theme, and some of the images are missing. When you click the Template manager it is empty. I restore form backup same problem. Weird thing is the Band demo content installs fine. I have looked at PHP memory, Wordpress x/status, and tried clearing cache, restoring from backup, cpanel, etc… and I am out of ideas. Please help!

Hello @jaming,

Thanks for writing in! Usually the demo content fails to install when you have reach the max upload size limit. Please go to X > Status. Copy the results and paste it in your next reply.

Meanwhile, you can increase the Max File Upload size by checking out this link:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

WordPress Environment
Version
Debug is on
No
Language
en_US
Is Multisite No
Memory Limit
2048M
Web Server Configuration
Software
Apache
PHP Version
MySQL Version
5.5.5-10.1.43-MariaDB
PHP Configuration
Post Max Size
2048M
Time Limit
500s
Max Upload Size
2048M
Active Theme
Name
X
Version
Folder
//home/farmer/public_html/wp-content/themes/x/
Cornerstone Status
Enabled
Cornerstone Version
Active Plugins
Contact Form 7 5.1.6
Cornerstone 4.1.2
Duplicate Post 3.2.4
Invisible reCaptcha 1.2.3
Slider Revolution 6.1.5
Email Forms 2.0.4
Google Analytics 3.0.1
Typekit 2.0.3
The Grid 2.7.3
UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore 1.16.21
WPS Hide Login 1.5.4.2

Hello @jaming,

Your server settings seems okay. There could be other else that is preventing you from importing the Truck demo content. Kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings and investigate further. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out:

Cheers.

Hi @jaming,

Thank you for providing the login information. Unfortunately, the URL of the website is redirected to Google Map and I can not access the website.

Would you please kindly double-check the URL of the website and make sure you provided the correct one?

Thank you.

I removed the redirection and added a .htpasswd to the directory. You can access both wp-admin and the site root with the included credentials. Please let me know if you need any other access. Thank you.

Hi @jaming,

Thank you but we can not still access your login page, /wp-admin/ redirects to a ?404 and /wp-login.php is not accessible.

This could be related to the demo not importing issue, please turn OFF the WPS Hide Login and other security features of the site for a while and try importing the demo again.

Thanks,

Disabled WPS Hide. Tried installing demo and it fails again.

Hi @jaming,

Thank you, I was able to import the Food Truck demo on your site by updating the permalinks to Post name.

However, it did not import the images, somethings going on your server-side. Would you mind doing what the user did here? and try importing the Food Truck demo again.

Cheers!

Hello. I made the recommend change to http.php and tried installing the food truck demo and yes there are no images importing. Maybe not a problem with cURL? Maybe I will reinstall everything, I really have to get this site back up and running. I also put the .httaccess file back send me your IP and I will add a rule for you so you don’t redirect. Thanks for your help and hoping we can find a solution.

So I deleted everything and reinstalled wordpress/theme. Ran one backup and change the permalinks to post name as you did in your previous post. The food truck demo installed this time 'without errors’.

More than likely the problem was cache with the images not uploading. The thing I don’t understand was that other demos installed without problems.

Why did the food truck demo require the permalink change? Was that in the install instructions and I missed it? Maybe this will help other people with a similar problem.

Also wanted to say this is a new cpanel server I just built and we have a few magento and other wordpress sites that seem to work quite well on this configuration. Anyways… maybe I just missed something.

Cheers!

Hey @jaming,

It’s good to know that you have successfully installed the FooD Truck demo. You may have missed something or probably server settings went something when you previously tried it.

Anyways, if you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.