Fonts are not updating

Barely starting on another site. I put a header block on the home page, and most of the fonts I select are not updating on the page, neither on the build page, nor on the live page after saved. Any idea why? Actually, the font drop shadows aren’t working either.

https://alphatinyhousekits.com

Hi Donna,

Thank you for writing in, but the URL you provided is not accessible.

In the meantime, please ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

And also clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Cheers!

OMG, I am SOOO sorry, I’ve done that 3 times already on emails also…there is no ‘s’ at the end of the URL.

https://alphatinyhousekit.com

Also, I turned off ALL the plugins…no help!

If you want to try the fonts I’m trying, here’s a list of header fonts. Also, the shadows aren’t working, I did also clear both the browser cache and X cache…no help either. Not a newbie here. (I do make mistakes, but I try to hit the basics before contacting support) Also, if you look at widgets, some items are not showing up there either. (and it’s not due to plugins disabled, that’s how it looked when plugins were enabled also) (and ignore the asteriks please…that’s a copy/paste thing for something else)

1. Germania One (spec hdr)
  2. Oswald
  3. Bree Serif
  4. Righteous
  5. Patua One*
  6. Lalezar
  7. Carter One (rounded)
  8. Paytone One
  9. Fugaz One (italic)
  10. Aclonica* (spec hdr)
  11. Lemon (used for menu in past)
  12. Rye* (spec hdr)
  13. Fondamento * (semi-B)

Hi Donna,

It seems it blocks the access from other countries, please deactivate your Wordfence plugin so we could login and test it.

Thanks!

I’m so sorry that happened. Country blocking was never on. I have whitelisted the IP address, and unblocked that particular block. I can not turn of my firewall, sorry. I will test the login and make sure it works.

Hi Donna,

The saved font for body is Oswald, and Righteous on heading and both works. If you’re referring to the font you have added to font templates, then I recommend enabling Font Manager first.

Then set your body and heading font again and test it. I did a quick test to see if there is any saving problem and there is none.

Thanks!

I thought I only needed that to add my own fonts. All the fonts I selected are Google fonts.

just a general question, I deleted the text on the homepage and made a slider…I couldn’t wait anymore. It turned out better anyway.

Hi Donna,

Yes, and the google fonts you have selected are properly working as I inspected the code and they are taking efffect. I just assume you’re referring to font manager since what you selected are working.

Glad it works now, it could be due to cache to and once you changed it, it appears okay on your end.

Thanks!

NOPE, still not working…started on another page, and the subheader headline text I selected the fugaz one font, it’s displaying in the page setup, but not on the displayed page, just like before. wth?

login still same…

And how do I stop it from putting a tag inside of a tag…the element has a base font tag, and the actual text element also generates a tag, not matter what. So how to get rid of it?

Actually, that was in fact the problem…and I think that’s a design issue. It should not “default” to dual tags…I had to edit html on the block element, and remove the extra set of tags…there should be a better way to set this up, or if there is, I missed it completely.

I’ll tell you…I did another site with Divi theme after working with yours, and now came back to do another site with your theme…and Divi got me spoiled…everything works so nicely. (except they don’t have em / rem font sizes offerred)

Hi Donna,

I have checked that page, and the subheader is in Fugaz One

And it looks like you already figure out the double tag issue, I believe that is happening because there is a hardcoded <h3> tag somewhere on your content that was not closed.

Cheers!

Hi Donna,

I can see you have withdrawn your post.

Please let us know if you are still having issues with this.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.