FontAwesome Icons Still Missing After Update

Hello - as I understand it, the FontAwesome issue was cleared up with recent updates of X/Cornerstone. I’m currently on X 7.1.2, Cornerstone 4.1.1 and I’m still missing some (but not all) of my icons. Specifically, the social icons in the footer are missing and I can’t find where to adjust the code for these. Can you direct me how I can globally fix all the icons, but especially the social icons in the footer? Thanks!

Hi @blkitty13,

Thank you for writing in, yeah those missing fontawesome icons issue had been fixed. I have checked your site and I saw two things, the markup of your x-social-global div in footer and topbar are not updated, maybe you have modified this file on your child theme?

Another thing is your site is loading an outdated version of fontawesome, this might have been causing conflict with the latest fontawesome version. Please remove this, more likely you added this thru the child theme’s functions.php file or thru a 3rd party plugin.

Would you mind switching to parent Theme and see if that resolves the issue?

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hey @blkitty13,

Try deleing the x_social_global function in your child theme. If you’re not familiar with PHP, I’d recommend hiring a developer to assist you as just missing a character could break your site.

I just want to provide additional background why your icons are missing. Here’s the related information from our past Release Note.

Please have a developer update your custom code. Or, for a non-coding solution, upgrade to Pro so you’ll have a Header and Footer builder. With that, you can add icons to your footer without coding.

Thanks.

You guys are the best, thanks so much!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.