Fontawesome icons disappear after theme update

( X Pro )
This is regarding the built in icon elements AND custom icons based on shortcodes etc. More specifically, icons added from the header element, and as shortcodes.

• I’ve already dug through all the current forum solutions I could find to fix the Fontawesome 5 update, but no luck:
    – cleared browser cache
    – cleared website cache
    – attempted changing attributes ( -b , -s, -o )
    – tried adding new elements in case it was current element specific

After clearing the cache, I thought I saw the Fontawesome code updated, but still having the issue.
Client site and can’t display site info publicly.

• Don’t believe its a plugin conflict.
  • Not really in a position to roll back to previous version.

Let me know what you need if you can look into this further, thanks!

Hello @zacdezac,

Thanks for writing in!

As you have tried common solutions please share login details in secure note of the website for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Added the details… thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
I can see all of your icons are working just fine. Please check the secure note for the screenshot.

Not sure if you have an issue with any particular icon, please let us know.

Thanks

All the icons on my side are affected. Strange, it must be some caching issue then. Thanks for adding the screenshots to secure note : )

Hey @zacdezac,

Like @basanta, icons are also showing up on my end. Please clear your browser cache then check again. Also check in other browsers and incognito mode.

Thanks.

I’ve seen the icons in Chrome ‘incognito’ but that’s it, not on other browsers or general Chrome. Any ideas? Thanks
I’ve cleared cache/data etc within multiple browsers (beginning of time) but no luck.

edit: Chrome incognito isn’t showing the icons anymore

Hello There,

I am another staff checking this thread. Like the other staffs, I am seeing the icons in your site. This is the very first time I open your site in my browser and no icon issue that I encounter.

Here is what I am seeing: http://prntscr.com/kj5dpm

Please clear your browser cache again and then do another round of test.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.