Fontawesome high CPU executions

I’m receiving really high CPU executions from fontawesome. Is there a way to reduce its use?

wp-content/themes/x/framework/fonts/font_awesome/fontawesome-webfont.woff2

This has executed over 20,000 times this month and the month isn’t even up. It’s the only thing that I can see that’s abnormal. It’s caused hosting to threaten to cap me as I’m now near their CPU executions monthly allowed limit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

That’s kind of weird, as our test sites and demo sites didn’t have this issue.
I checked our issue tracker and didn’t find any similar problem.

It could be another plugin that is causing it.

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi,

The thing is, I can’t afford to just turn-off plugins. Not on this site. In order to see if something’s having an effect, I’ll need to leave it off for a minimum one week at a time (to get reasonable data and see if it’s to blame) and I can’t do that with plugins on this site.

I’m going to share with you a screenshot (in private) that shows the large use of FontAwesome through the theme.

Hello @dreamseller188,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

My colleague has just suggested to do for plugin conflict so that we can narrow down the issue that’s causing. Along with that please make sure following:

Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.

Please try testing for plugin conflict as some plugin can cause resources to spike up.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.