Font manager doesn't read Nexa (ttf) correctly

Hi!

I uploaded a font called Nexa as a custom font, and added it to font manager.
Already in the font manager preview, the font is previewed incorrectly (it’s some other font).
Also when I set Nexa (the custom font) as body default in the typography section of theme options, it doesn’t work.

I can only upload TTF files. The TTF files are fine. They worked in this theme before. What can I do?

Best,

Jont

Hi Jont,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try following this post (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/adding-custom-font-issues/52704/2?u=mldarshana) and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Unfortunately, it did not. I can now upload different font file types (everything except for otf)… but font manager doesn’t recognize them. It still only recognizes ttf files.
But the file type shouldn’t matter really, because the nexa ttf files worked fine before. It was after a migration (used All-in-one) that the fonts changed. The strange thing is, after I re-uploaded all the ttf files:

• The global settings for header font function fine again (Raleway, also custom by ttf files)
  • If I set body to Raleway, it works also
  • Only if I set body (or header, for that matter) to Nexa, it doesn’t work. Even though they are the exact same files I used before the migration.

What else can I try?

It’s fixed, it was the Cookiebot plugin that somehow overruled me… I still think it’s weird though, because Raleway (custom) as body text worked fine, it was only the nexa font that didn’t work… Anyway, I imported the migrated version again, installed another GDPR plugin and now (as for now…) everything is back to normal :slight_smile:

Hello @Jont,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

[Update]

Okay, so when I go to brighthives.com the fonts are fine but when I add www. (www.brighthives.com) it’s messed up… ?

[/Update]

The problem is kind of back only differently now…
When I load Brighthives.com now, sometimes the typography is correct and sometimes it’s not.
It might be my cache… but why is this happening in the first place? Could be the cookiebot (Complianz) plugin?
But how can it sometimes be steady and sometimes not? Do you guys have any idea?

Hi @Jont,

It’s a cross-origin related issue and it doesn’t allow the loading of resources across www and non-www. I recommend contacting your hosting provider and allow the origin on the same domain regardless of www.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.