Font Awesome icons now displaying

See headline we have a star that is not displayed. Checked this: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-2-x-6-2-cornerstone-3-2/38234 but do not understand what I need to do to solve it.

Hello There,

Thanks for posting in!

I have checked the page and there is no icon being set in your headline text. Please go to Graphic tab and enable the option and select which icon you want to display.

Please check the secure note.

What?? did you even check my print screen? We don’t have icon in the headline no and there should not be. Which is why it’s not displayed there wow magic! But it should be where I shared print and pointed arrows to please check that one.

Has the shortcode format edits? Where is the guide? So I by then can update this on our site? But even though it’s strange since some works and some breaks as you see even though the code is the same. But let me know so I can test the shortcode for the stars.

Hi @bracas,

Do you have custom shortcodes? Using the icon shortcode should display the latest code and I can confirm that on my end. It’s generated like this

<i class="x-icon x-icon-star-half" data-x-icon-s="" aria-hidden="true"></i>

But in that section, it’s something like this

<i class="x-icon x-icon-star-o" style="text-align: center; font-size: 12px;" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i>

The new code has data-x-icon-s="", while older code has data-x-icon="". This is only possible if you have custom code, because any update will also update the shortcodes unless you have a custom one.

Thanks!

Hmm yes they are sort of customized in the first print. But adding -s did not update it. But the other stars in the second icon is pure your shortcodes which still breaks as you saw. And on our template page for this boxes this is also broken which is using your shortcode once again.

Meaning your icon shortcode is not working properly it should be an empty star not half. an empty with a broder.

I see that V5 seems to have this path for the icon: https://fontawesome.com/icons/star-half-alt?style=solid so ours now becomes like this: https://fontawesome.com/icons/star-half?style=regular

Nevermind I understood the new path now, just needed some coffee refill :coffee:

Hi @bracas,

Yes, I saw it and the code is still data-x-icon="" and that’s the main issue in which not happening on my installation. Hence, it’s not the shortcode that is not working, but something else. I recommend removing the customization first and test it again to make sure it uses the new icon attribute.

And yes, it’s the v5 and the shortcode is made to render v5 icons so it should work without even changing the code. But if there is a custom code, then it must be updated to v5 implementation too.

Thanks!

Everything is solved and fixed :slight_smile:

We have templates with shortcodes which we then copy html into different places which then didn’t update. But V5 changed the design so had to change in the shortcodes for our preferred version.

All good, you can close this ticket.

Glad you’ve sorted it out, @bracas.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.