Font awesome icons missing from the library

Some of the font awesome icons don’t seem to be in the library. for example I was trying to put in the icon for hiking using the code <i data-x-icon="&#xf6ec;" aria-hidden="true"></i>. Is the icon missing form the library? or am I missing something? If it is missing is there a way around it so I can still import the full library and use the icons? Thanks!

Hi @swanhaven,

Thank you for writing in, first off ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Then remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If the issue persists, then you might need to do some editing on your Font Awesome icon codes, as of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

• data-x-icon-b for social icons.
  • data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
  • data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.

Release Notes - Pro 2.2, X 6.2, Cornerstone 3.2

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

No luck. I changed my code to <i data-x-icon-s="&#xf6ec;" aria-hidden="true"></i> to reflect the solid icon. I cleared my cache, and opened my site in a incognito browser just to make sure that I wasn’t dealing with any caching issues. I also tried it on a different website that I haven’t built yet with no luck.

Hello @swanhaven,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Thanks that case can you please share website details and credentials in secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Hi There @swanhaven

I have tried to login into your site, but it seems that your login credentials are invalid.

ERROR: The password you entered for the username is incorrect.

Could you please confirm with the correct information, so that we can look into your issue.

Thanks!

I updated the password, and tested it so you should be able to login now.

Hi again,

Thank you for updating the credentials. The hiking icon you’re trying to use isn’t available in the included version of Font Awesome. I changed the icon code and that worked fine. You can use an alternative icon instead.

Hope this helps!

Is there a way to get the full library of icons?

Hello @swanhaven,

The hiking icon was introduced in Font Awesome 5.4 and we still have yet to update the Font Awesome package in the theme. Our developers has already been informed about this.

Please bear with us.

K, thanks for the update!

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.