Font Awesome 5.1 (Pro)

Thanks for update theme of PRO.

I am happy to hear for Font Awewome 5.1 new future but old icons all disappear or replace to strange unreadable mark after the latest updating.

Do you expect users to do something for using this new Font Awesome Icons or just for only my problem?

1 Like

Hi There,

[quote]Try clearing any caching plugins you have active or the cache provided by your host. We updated FontAwesome with this release. Version 5 required changes to the markup, CSS, and the file location changed. Your site is probably serving the old markup which has references to the previous font location.

I’ve cleared my cache but it’s still happening. What do I do next? This could happen if your site has icon markup that you added directly rather than using our icon shortcode. As of Font Awesome version 5 they split icons into multiple fonts. This can be fixed by changing instances of the data-x-icon attribute to one of the following:

• data-x-icon-b for social icons.
  • data-x-icon-o for outline icons.
  • data-x-icon-s for solid icons.

The original attribute data-x-icon will still work for solid icons as a fallback but we’ve updated everything for consistency.[/quote]

1. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  2. If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Regards!

Thanks.

I changed to PRO from Pro child theme then all icons appeared again.

But If it goes back to Child theme again Icons gone again.

There is no cashing plugin nor manual typing fields all are picked from setting panel.

I have changed PHP version for refresh server cache with no success.

What else I can do or where is the cache when there is no cache plugin used.

Any further idea??

Ok I have found the clue for issue and clear now THANKS.

I added text as follows.

font-family: FontAwesome;

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved now. :slight_smile:

Pro Theme Version 6.2 comes with host of new features like Inline editing, drag and drop for header and footer builder etc. I would highly encourage you to please take a look at the changelog to learn more. Along with that in our knowledgebase we are constantly adding more tutorials that I would highly encourage you to check out.:

1. Changelog: https://theme.co/changelog/#theme-pro-2-2-0-theme-x-6-2-0-cornerstone-3-2-0
  2. Knowledge-base: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/knowledge-base-overview/287

Thanks.

Thanks but there is still a issue.

Some are shown but some are not.

I have no idea which is for what reasons causes unreadable.

Do you have any idea?

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.