Floating Footer!

Hello!

I’ve run into a problem that I can’t seem to find on the forums already. My footer is floating in the middle of my site’s post pages! (The header is loading in the right place, so ignore that strange glitch in my screenshot. It’s only the footer that I’m having problems with.)

I can scroll down and view the rest of the post, I can interact with the footer links and, when inspecting the element, I can make the footer go behind the post. But I can’t figure out how to keep the footer from floating up like this. The position is set to relative, same as the main content div.

Help, please!

Hello Thalia,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you may have added a custom css to make the footer float. We’d love to check your site. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi Thalia,

Thanks for the details but the site seems to be down at the moment. Kindly double check:

Thank you.

Fixed! I missed a closing tag while adding a custom post type. You should be able to access it now!

Hello Thalia,

I have logged in and I found out the cause of the issue. It is because you have added this custom css:

.entry-wrap {
  max-height: 280px;
}

I went ahead and commented out so that your footer issue will be resolved. I am not sure what is your purpose of adding this code. You might mean to have a minimum height for the content area. If that is the case, you should be adding this code instead to avoid any conflict with the footer:

.entry-wrap {
  min-height: 280px;
}

If you need anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

1 Like

Ack! Thank you very much for your help!!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.