FlexSlider in Portfolio relies upon Attached images only

It seems the FlexSlider only displays on Portfolio Items ONLY when UPLOADING images to a gallery to be inserted into the Portfolio.

FlexSlider does not display if you insert a Gallery made by selecting images from the media library.

I presume this has to do with the quirky ‘Attachments’ method employed by wordpress. Images uploaded to a post become attached to it. Just adding images from the media library does not create the attachment.

While racking my brain on why a Portfolio Item refused to show the FlexSlider, I found this post: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-flexslider-in-portfolio-item-page/13853

Please re-work FlexSlider to use a Gallery inserted or edited in a given post. And NOT be based on attached images.

For others finding this issue - there are plugins out there that help manage Attached files.

Hi there,

That is correct the Portfolio is using the WordPress original Gallery feature which is using the Attachment to the post. You can read more about the usage here:

We certainly appreciate the feedback! This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.