Fixing a button to side of browser window

Hi, I have managed to make this work before - see topic https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/fix-a-button-to-side-of-browser-window/28699

I need to do the same thing on another site update, but to several individual pages, as in this page:

http://www.bournairfield.co.uk/home-new/

Can you tell me why the CSS that’s been added doesn’t work?

Thanks!

Hi @glitchfield,

Thanks for reaching out.

The problem is the button ID, please change your button ID from supportbutton to supportbutton-anchor-button. That’s because #supportbutton-anchor-button is in your CSS and not #supportbutton.

Thanks!

Hi, I have realised that I need a modal instead of a button - I have added the modal to the bottom of the page here:

http://www.bournairfield.co.uk/about-new/

The problem is I can see the modal toggle in the setup screens as well as the footer, but when I preview the page it has disappeared? Also, I now need to fix the modal toggle to the right side as the previous button - can I do this?

Thanks!

Hi there,

It would be possible that the page did not save that is why you are not seeing the new element you have added.

For the meantime, please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you are still not seeing the element on the page, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check it.

Thank you.

Hi, I am also having an issue with using Gravity Forms - I have installed the plugin but when I activate it and try to then edit a page with PRO I get a HTML Error 500 - do you know why this is?

Is Gravity Forms compatible with X Pro?

Hi There,

I have the Gravity Forms plugin version 2.3.3.2 installed in my local installation and I couldn’t see any issues when edited my pages with Pro. Which version are you using in your website?

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.