Fixed Top menu disappears until scroll starts

Hi, I have spent ages on this with no luck so far.
I am using ICON and have Fixed Top

When site first loads, logo is top with menu below, then as user scrolls the menu goes to the top (because Fixed Top is chosen). This is the functionality I want.

I have recently added MobileMenu plugin. All works fine, except that having this disables the Fixed Top. This is obviously a known issue, because in their plugin settings they have an option:
“Sticky Html Elements: If you are having issues with sticky elements that don’t assume a sticky behaviour, enter the ids or class name that identify that element.” … so I added “.x-navbar”: https://prnt.sc/o5vlj6

This does 2 things:

1 - It enables Fixed Top again, this is GOOD

2 - It makes the menu invisible initially before scroll happens… there is a white space underneath logo where menu should be … once user scrolls, then menu snaps into place at the top, this is BAD (obvs, because user needs to see menu straight away)

I need it to do #1 but not do #2.

I thought it would be a simple matter of setting "display:block: but when I look in the backend the .x-navbar element is not there at all when site first loads, so I can’t see the CSS I need to target.

Page location and login details in private post.

Thanks so much,

Hi @kirk74,

I am sure that you will understand that this is a conflict between our thee and a third party plugin and it is outside of our support scope. We will do our best to help you and see if it is possible to find a workaround, but the implementation and final touches are on your shoulders.

The given username/password for the Popup HTACCESS authorization is not working, unfortunately. Would you please kindly double check the given information?

I wonder why you need a mobile menu plugin in the first place? Our theme menu does turn into a mobile menu in smaller devices.

As the plugin disables the sticky menu functionality. I suggest that you disable the Fixed Top feature of the theme and use a normal menu. Then see if the plugin has an option to make the menu sticky. That will give the control of the case completely to the plugin and might fix the conflict.

If the reason for adding the plugin is to make the mobile menu a sticky one, you can use the method below to implement the functionality with the default menu system of our theme:

Thank you.

Thx for reply.

So sorry, typo in my password… have corrected.

The reason for wanting to use Mobile Menu is because we want the fly in from side feature on mobile devices.

UPDATE:
Contacted the MobileMenu plugin Developer and this is a bug with the setting “Slideout Push Content” option … all I had to do was switch to “Slideout Over Content” and all works perfectly.

Perfect! Thank you for updating us and glad that you figured this out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.