Fixed to Static Header

Hi, I would like to have my header be set to fixed top over a slider that is playing a video. Then when I scroll down below the slider, I would like the header to remain static, just below the slider as I continue scrolling down. So essentially the header is fixed top over the slider and then becomes static on the rest of the page. Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks.

Hey @joshj29,

I’m sorry but I’m not currently sure what you want to achieve but I’ll try to point you to the right direction.

To make the header fixed top, please go to Appearance > Theme Options > Header and set Navbar Position to Fixed Top.

To add a slider beneath the Navbar, use the Slider Below Masthead setting of your page. Please see this article for more details.

If that does not help, would you mind giving us more details and some samples?

Thanks.

Sorry about that. Maybe it would be easier to explain this way. I would like my header to be fixed top until a certain point on the page (when my video slider is out of view) as you scroll down and then wish for it to disappear until scrolling up to that specified point again. Sorry I don’t have any examples.

Hi there,

Are you on Pro theme? WIth Pro header, you can enable its Sticky Bar feature. Then go to Sticky Bar Setup section and find the Trigger Offset or Trigger Selector and set it. The trigger offset is an option to let the Sticky Bar appear when it reached certain offset or scroll height. While the trigger selector will trigger the Sticky Bar once you reached a certain section/element while scrolling. The Trigger selector is the best option for you, you can add a class to your Video Slider and use that class for Trigger selector.

Thanks!

Ok, thanks for the help. I am not on Pro, only X. I may look into Pro for this functionality.

You’re welcome.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.