Fixed left navbar doesn't work

Hey.
I had my navbar fixed on top for a couple of years and I wanted to change it to fixed left, it’s just not working.
I need help!
Thanks

Hey @sayonara1972,

I see you are using the latest version of X and Cornerstone and are not using a child theme.

Is you’re Navbar Position in Theme Options > Header already set to Fixed Left now? If so, this could be a caching issue. Please clear your browser’s cache and then check if the issue persist. Also test in incognito mode and other browsers.

If you’re using a caching plugin, please clear all caches in the plugin’s interface and then clear the browser cache.

If clearing cache does not help, please provide us with WordPress Admin access in a Secure Note so we could check what’s happening in the back-end.

Thanks.

Hi @sayonara1972,

Quite weird, and I can confirm that won’t change position, though, other settings are taking effect just fine. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? And for the meantime, please try re-installing your theme in case it’s option name conflicts related.

Thanks!

I tried to reinstall X Theme but it doesn’t allow it. It says I already have it installed.
I’m afraid of deleting the previous install in case I also lose the whole website design and programing.

What can I do?

Hi @sayonara1972,

Re-installation would be deleting your X theme through FTP and installing it again through it too. That shouldn’t change any data from your site.

You may provide FTP credentials as well and please backup your site.

Thanks!

Hi @sayonara1972,

Ah, I see. You can contact your hosting provider and they should able to provide you the FTP credentials. I would be glad to check the issue through FTP :slight_smile:

And FTP credentials should be available for every hosting you registered.

Thanks!

Hi @sayonara1972,

I tried different combinations for username and it’s not working, please provide your FTP username too.

Thanks!

Hi @sayonara1972,

Thanks, I see no error, but I think I know why it’s not working. It’s because you set a one-page navigation in your home page. And one-page navigation always stay on top since it has to match the section offset position and header scroll position.

You could only use fixed left navigation if you’ll disable the one-page navigation on your home page.

Thanks!

It worked!
Thank you so much.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.