Firefox / Unable to Edit Cornerstone

Hello

With the latest update, when I try to edit a Cornerstone page, this message appears (only in Firefox browser):
“The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.”

This is the only browser where this error is occurring.

I’ve researched for a few days several threads with this issue, though have not found a solution for my case.

Any help?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, your version of X (6.0.4) and Cornerstone (3.1.6) is not compatible. Please update your X to the latest version (6.1.6)

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Another thing, I see that your PHP version is 5.5.13, Wordpress requires 5.6 or higher. Please contact your hosting on how you can update the PHP version to 5.6 or higher (except version 7.2, because there are known bugs on that version).

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve checked off the items mentioned above, except updating the PHP 5.5.13 to 5.6. I had contacted our hosting provider and they stated this is the highest version they currently offer. They are not offering 5.6 yet.

Another point, the current PHP version we have, we were editing cornerstone fine. Only with the new X update are we unable to edit Cornerstone in Firefox now.

Any other help?

Hi there,

Are you still not able to edit the pages in Cornerstone? I just tried checking your site and the pages seem to be loading fine in Cornerstone now.

Please try clearing your browser cache then check the pages in Cornerstone.

Hope this helps.

Is the preview you posted from Firefox?

I’m able to edit Cornerstone in all browsers, but Firefox. I’ve cleared cache.

Any thoughts?

Hi @RocktheHouse1876,

I have tested your cornerstone also in FIrefox and it is working well.

There could be a problem in your firefox. Try to reinstall your firefox so it will be updated and could help you remove the reason why it is not working.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

After making sure all cache was cleared in plugins, server-side, CDN, and browser and then reinstalling Firefox, still had the issue of not being able to edit a page in Cornerstone and receiving the error message of “aggresive caching”.

Interesting enough, called our hosting company, and after much troubleshooting… he renamed the php.ini file on the server to disable it. And now IT WORKS!

What is odd is, the caching error began in Firefox right after the 2.1.6 X theme update. And the issue was on two different X theme websites we have, which are hosted by different companies. The same solution worked on both servers.

I’m not sure how the php.ini file could be connected to a caching error. Very strange.

Hi There,

Glad things sorted out, would you mind sharing what configurations/content are in that php.ini file, we might able to figure out what is causing the issue, or you can directly ask your hosting support why is that issue happening on Firefox. This will help other people that find your thread looking for the solution with the same issue.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.