Figuring out how to share with the client the page I created in the theme

Hellos!

I created a simple landing page for a softwear selling company using Agency demo as a starting point, on my machine. I knew they had trouble visualizing what the site could look like and with “X” creating an initial page to start from was as easy as high fidelity wireframes!

They liked it so much they now want to get “X” instead of the theme they’d bought initially and to “have access to what I’ve created”. I’ve never done a partial transfer of this sort earlier, always pushed the whole local install to the live site. So now I would like to make sure I get the steps right in order for them to get the exact page I have on my machine. Is this how we should proceed?

• They get their license of “X”-theme, install and validate it on their site. Install and activate the Child theme.

• They activate all the necessary plugins and install Agency Demo

• I export Theme options under X > Validation > theme Options Manager => Export?

• They import the .XCS file from me in the same place on their side.

Is this it or are there more steps?

Aside from changes to the theme (in the child theme), I’ve done some minor tweaking on the Contact form, (which is also in the Home page), added some CSS in CSS Content on the Home page in Cornerstone, created a new slider and configured the Content Dock.

I want to be as sure they get those adjustments to the theme I’ve made. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Irisha

Hello Irisha,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s how you should proceed. I would like to add is that along with Theme Options, you can also export/import the pages you created using Cornerstone. You can save the page as a template and then import again at a at later stage to start the work again. To learn more, please take a look at the template manager feature.

Thanks.

Great, thanks for the reply!
I did save the page as a template as well (a very nifty feature indeed). :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Glad we’re able to help.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.