Features Missing After Latest Update

Hi, I’m always reluctant to do updates to X Theme as you don’t know which way it will go, but this time it’s for the worse, as most of the features I used have gone and when you’re half way through designing a website it’s the last thing you need. Is this an oversight or is this how it’s going to be from now on with most of the customisations that were available on the previous version gone? It would take me far too long to list everything and I basically haven’t got the time to do so, as my time will be taken up trying to work around the missing features, but these are the two most important issues for the time being:

1. Button - I can’t see where I can choose the font to use
  2. Background Image - I can’t choose whether it’s parallax and the field to set the position of the part of image it shows isn’t there

If it is an oversight and all the customisation features should be on this version just like they were on the previous one, do you know when it’ll be sorted as it was months before any of the glitches on the previous update were done.

Thanks

Hi there,

These changes were made when the Permission Manager was introduced which is part of the recent update. By default, you will see the simple control options in Cornerstone.

When you go to X > Settings > User Preferences > Advanced Mode and if it is set to Always On, you should be able to find the options that you mentioned as this will enable all of the advanced settings for all the v2 elements.

But, if it is set to User Preference, you will have to enable the Advanced Control under the Preferences option which you can find when you click on the cog icon on the left control area.

Depending on the current setting in your Permission’s manager, if you will follow either of the steps above, you should be able to see the options you are looking for when you edit a page in Cornerstone.

You can find more information about the Permission Manager here:

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks, was it pointed out at the time of the update as I don’t remember seeing anything to explain about having to set the permissions because of it effecting the options available in cornerstone.

Also, I’m not getting the same layout style for the Settings on my dashboard - please see screen grab uploaded - to me mine isn’t displaying correctly for anything after the update, including the Extensions options - I’ve also included a screen grab to show that.

Thanks

Hi There,

Seems the theme hasn’t updated properly, some of the CSS may have corrupted at time of update.
Can you please delete the theme file and upload it via FTP? and let us know if that fixes your issue.

Thanks

Hi, isn’t there another way round it, as I haven’t any experience with FTP. I wasn’t expecting to use FTP to be honest to just update a theme!

Cheers

You can delete and re-install the theme and plugins Via admin and check if that helps!

Thanks

Hi, I’ve just updated a different website I’ve done using X Theme and the same has happened to that - the layout for the Settings and Extensions options aren’t displaying correctly, it’s the same as in the screen grabs I uploaded previously. I’m not prepared to uninstall and remove the plugins and then upload and reinstall everything in hope that this time it will be ok, as I can’t see how it’s a coincidence that the update has corrupted on 2 of my websites and I think that this is more likely to be a glitch. Can this be checked out please before I put any time into trying to sort this out myself and then still ending up with the same result with it not displaying correctly.

Thanks

Hi there,

Kindly double check that you both have X and Cornerstone updated on the site where the X settings is not displaying correctly.

This happens when you update X but left Cornerstone unupdated.

Hope this helps.

They are both definitely updated as I did them at the same time - Cornerstone v3.1.4 and X Theme v6.1.4.

Cheers

Hi there,

Would you mind providing the admin access to the site in question so that we can check it?

Thank you.

Hi, I’d appreciate that, thanks! I’ll put the admin info in a secure note.

Another update became available for Cornerstone and X Theme and I was hoping that would resolve it, but unfortunately it hasn’t.
Cornerstone 3.1.5
X Theme 6.1.5

Cheers

Hi there,

I have just checked your site and the X admin area is displaying fine on my end:

Please try to clear your site and browser cache then try to check the X settings page again.

Thank you.

Hi, clearing the cache did it, thanks for your help!

Cheers

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.