Featured image padding

hi

I have an issue relating to my blog posts pages.

With the single posts pages, I have an area of space at both the top and bottom of each post page that I am unable to remove. At the top it is above the featured image. I have tried to address it using a few classes; first .single-post .entry-featured, then .single .entry-wrap and then .single-post .entry-wrap and setting padding-top to 0 and when no good, trying margin-top to 0. Neither of those ways fixed the issue. There is also the same amount of space at the bottom, so a way to remove both would be fantastic.

Any help gladly accepted.

URL is feastthailand.com/blog, though it is the individual page posts that are the issue

regards

Hi There,

Please try adding the following CSS under Customizer > Custom > Global CSS:

body.single-post .entry-wrap {
    padding: 0 60px;
}

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

hi

Thanks so much for your reply

No change on that at all with that code. Let me know if you need login details

By the way, is there are resource that shows all class IDs? I saw one that had some, but nothing with respect to the blog index or posts pages. The reason I asked is that I did a substantial amount of searching though the kb and elsewhere through your forums before posting for assistance. If there were a central list of all classes, it would help. As I said, the link to helper classes misses many that are for the blog index and posts pages

cheers

Hello There,

Above code shared by our staff is working fine on my end. Please see screenshot. Please clear browser cache and then try again. You can refer our CSS class index resource:

Thanks.

hi Prasant

Thanks so much for the reply.

I’m not sure why, but I have cleared the browser cache, even went to MaxCDN and cleared everything in there and the same in W3 Total, yet that space still appears above the featured image for me.

It’s not normally necessary to actually deactivate W3 during an edit, but what would you recommend so as to view the page as it actually is?

Incidentally, the link to the CSS Class Index is what I had viewed previously. It still does not contain classes for blog index or posts pages, which was what I referred to.

regards

Hi again,

I’m not able to find the provided CSS being added in your site. There might be syntax error in your Customizer, add the above code in your Child Theme’s style.css file instead.

Let us know how this goes!

hi Nabeel

Thanks for your reply

That is where I added it initially. I don’t add any CSS to the parent customiser; only the child since setting it up

By the way, that code you gave
body.single-post .entry-wrap {
padding: 0 60px;
}
sets the padding for the body text, not the featured image, which was what I had in my original post. There is a gap between the featured image and the masthead. I have tried

.single .entry-featured {
padding-top: 0;
}

and also

.single .entry-thumb {
padding-top: 0;
}

with no result

Regards

Hi there,

Would you please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website to follow up the case using the Secure Note functionality fo the post?

Also kindly clear and then remove all cache plugins that you have.

Thank you.

hi Christopher

Thanks so much for your reply

In the end, I tried using a negative margin and got it to work on .single .entry-featured It did take quite a while experimenting, but now seems fine on -40px

Regards

Glad that you managed the fix the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.