Feature sections inserting spaces since

I have alternating features one of my pages. For some reason, it has put spaces in between the text under highlights on the first section. When you are on cornerstone editing the page the spacing is not apparent. When I log out and view the URL it has spacing between each list item. This seems to have happened since cornerstone updated to version 3.5.4

Please help?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for writing in! Upon inspecting your site, I see that you have top margin of 55px set for your row.

You need to inspect your rows and check for the margin values.

Hope that helps.

Hi Mark,

Sorry, I think I was misunderstood your issue earlier. It seems that you’re referring to the following section.

There’s an empty paragraph tag below each items of your highlight sections, you need to clear those unnecessary tags by switching to HTML mode of your editor.

Hope that helps.

Hi, Thank you. I am not sure how to delete the

as cornerstone overrides any edits I do.

I have checked the HTML section in text in cornerstone for each headline and there is no extra tags.

It happened when the cornerstone plugin updated last. It also looks absolutely fine in the WYSIWYG editor.

Hey Mark,

You’re most probably selected the p Tag under the Headline’s Setup. That might have happened because you switched to the Rich Text editor. When you use Rich Text, WordPress wraps the content with paragraphs using its auto-paragraph feature so what happens is you’re inserting a paragraph within a paragraph which is incorrect and the browser tries to correct it but the result is not good.

Please change to div like your other Headline element setup.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Christian that seems to have sorted it. I really did think it would not as all the other sections have p in the box and they are fine. I have not changed them or anything on the site. The default is P so should i change them even thought they are formatted correctly?

Hey Mark,

Your other texts are not wrapped in <p> maybe because you didn’t switch to the Rich Text editor as I’ve explained previously. Since that is the case, you don’t have to switch to div. Only switch if you see a space or technically, if <p></p> tags have been introduced.

Thanks.

Ok I understand now. Thanks. That may have been the case. I will stick to html instead.

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.