Favicon not showing from site icon

Hi, I’ve added the favicon logo theme options/site icons/uploaded to both touch icon and (ios & android) and also title icon (microsoft) using the correct dimensions but the favicon is not showing on the webiste.

Thanks again for all of your support

Hi @lizbonney,

Thanks for writing in.

First, I could see that you have a lot of site. Would you mind sharing us the URL and Admin credentials so we could check further.

As of now, to fix this kind of issue.

Try other icon. Check if other icon works meaning your icon is the problem.

Check for caches that loads the old icon not the new icon. Then Clear your site cache before checking your site again.

Lastly, hosting sometimes prevents icon to be changed. Contact your hosting so that you could verify if they setup is preventing this changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thank you kindly for you help on this.

I’ve followed your instructions and added a new icon from scratch and cleared cache, although I haven’t yet contacted hosting … I will do that now as the icon isn’t showing yet. I sent log in to you.

Thanks again

Hi There,

Can you please post your details in a secure note. Private message can’t be access to other staff member.

Thanks

Hello There,

I have logged in and check your settings. You have uploaded a Touch Icon and an MS Tile Icon. You seem to have forgotten to insert the Favicon url.

When setting the path to your favicon, make sure you are using the “.ico” format. A 152x152 PNG should be used for your touch icon, and a 144x144 PNG should be used for your tile icon. The color you set for your tile icon will be used behind your image.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks for you help, I’m confused… to set a path, do I need to host the favicon.ico on a page instead of just uploading it here?

Ok, I’ve uploaded the new png as the correct dimensions (152x152 and 144x144) but I don’t understand how to set the path. Do I need to upload these somewhere on the site and then set it that way? like a HREF?

I got it … its working : ) Thank you

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.