Favicon multisite issue

Hi, I have x theme installed on a multisite setup of WordPress, this is used for multilingual purpose only. I noticed that on the main site the favicon does not display but on a different language subsite it displays.

When logged in I can see the favicon but upon logging out of the site it displays an empty doc icon instead. Currently I am not using any cache plugins so it is not because of that.

Any ideas what could be causing this and what to test?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Hello Chris,

Thanks for writing in! We need to check your site. Could you please provide the site url in a secure note? To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Meanwhile, please make sure that you are up to date.Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.5.3
  • Cornerstone 3.5.2

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, I have added the note as requested.

Kind Regards

Chris

Hello Chris,

I have inspected your page and the icon seems added in the page source:

What I noticed is that you are using CloudFlare. Please login to your CloudFlare account and purge your site cache.
This might just be a caching issue only.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, I had cleared the cloudflare cache as requested but I am not using cloudflare for caching, I am only using them for DNS management. It is strange because this problem seems to only be on Google Chrome and not Firefox.
I have looked again at settings, disabled plugins and so on but I am suspecting that it is a multisite issue as the German version (that is still being done at the moment) actually displays the icon.

Kind Regards

Chris

Hello Chris,

Could you please share the url of the German site so that we can compare?

Thank you in advance.

Hi RueNel

I have added the url in the following note

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Could you please temporarily remove the Facebook SDK to see the favicon appear or NOT?

<div id="fb-root"></div>

<script>
      window.fbAsyncInit = function() {
        FB.init({
          appId   : '854392134911912',
          xfbml   : true,
          version : 'v2.1'
        });
      };

(function(d, s, id){
         var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
         if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;}
         js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
         js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/'.$tco_fb_locale.'/sdk.js";
         fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
       }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
    </script>

By default, the <div id="fb-root"></div> is not allowed in <head> tag.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi thai,

Yes, this seems to be the issue. Seems to be the Facebook Comments plugin that is available through X Theme that is causing the issue. I guess this may be a bug or something with the plugin?

Thank you very much for diagnosing the issue, I am hoping that I will be able to use facebook comments on the website though.

Kind Regards

Chris

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Thai were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.