Favicon disappeared

Hi there,
I noticed today that the favicon of my site is gone (www.worldsofukl.com) – it was there earlier this week when I logged in.

If I go to X / Theme Options, I noticed I no longer have an option to edit ‘Site Icons’.

Can you please advise?

Thanks!
Maya

Hello Maya,

Thanks for writing in!

The Site Icon settings in the Theme Options were migrated to native WordPress “Site Icon” settings to avoid redundancy. Please go to Appearance > Customize > Site Identity and update your site icon.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your reply. When I go to the Wordpress dashboard / Appearance / Customize, I get rerouted back to the Theme Customize options, where ‘Site icons’ nor ‘Site identity’ don’t exist.

Too bad the Favicon didn’t migrate with it! I had only just fixed it :frowning: and now it’s gone again.

Please help?

Thanks!

Hello @mayaruth,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look to add site icons:

As you are not able to properly access customiser, I would also suggest you to try out following:

1. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  2. Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I just have some follow-up questions.

1. I’m concerned about de-activating plugins. Will I lose settings information in them or risk anything happening to my web content if I deactivate them. For example, Cornerstone, the Revolution Slider (will I lose the photo link), the forms module (will I lose the design?)… I’m scared of making a mess by deactivating my plugins.

2. If I log into my ftp client, I see the wp-config.php file, but I’m not sure how to edit it. Do I download it, make changed in some software (?) and then re-upoad it to replace the file?

Thanks!

Hello There,

Before anything, please update to the latest version first because you are using an older version the theme and Cornerstone. X 6.1.6 and Cornerstone 3.1.6 are now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.