Fatal error with new update

Hi,

I just updated the plugin and am now receiving this error:

Fatal error: Can’t use method return value in write context in /home2/theblake/public_html/southeasthoops.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/admin/class-admin.php on line 286

I assume this is PHP related, but I am unsure how to solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey there,

I’m sorry you’re running into this. It’s a known issue that will be fixed in the next release. You can read more about it here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-1-x-6-1-cornerstone-3-1/33890

We would strongly recommend getting PHP updated to a more recent version.

Thanks @alexander.

I’m a novice at PHP related issues, but is this as simple as switching versions in my HostGator cPanel? I’m seeing options for higher versions. I wasn’t sure if this would affect the site or cause me to lose anything. Thanks again.

Hi @theblake30,

It shouldn’t affect your current site unless some of your plugins still use some features that are only available from the old version. But 5.6 and above should be safe (except, avoid switching to PHP 7.2 as many features are deprecated on that one).

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.