Fatal error when activating cornerstone

I installed the X theme, and when I’m trying to activate cornerstone it gives me this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare cs_generate_data_attributes() (previously declared in /wpcom-150294717/wp-content/plugins/tco-video-lock/functions/includes/cs/helpers.php:4) in /wpcom-150294717/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/helpers.php

What do I do? I’ve tried installing and un-installing the theme, and the plugin, but nothing works. Please help anyone.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please deactivate Video Lock extension first and then activate Cornerstone. And also make sure that everything is up to date.
Our latest versions are:
- X theme 6.2.5
- Cornerstone 3.2.5
- Video Lock 2.0.3

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

That worked thank you! However I have another issue. When I’m using Ethos 1 it is not looking anything like the demo content. I’ve tried again reinstalling, but my blog post will not show up. I’ve tried clicking into the blog are, and it still won’t shot up.

Hello There,

Please check out the demo content article first to standard what is added during the demo content import process.
You can check it out here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56

Please also be aware that Ethos 1 demo content has enabled filterable index option. You must disable it in your site so that all the post items will display. You can go to X > Theme Options > Ethos > Blog Options and turn off “Filterable Index”.

Hope this helps.

Thank for the reply. I just tried all of the suggested steps, but everything is still coming up blank. Even the about me page that I created is blank.

Hey Aaron,

That’s weird. In this case, please give us WordPress Admin access (username and password) in a Secure Note so we could check your setup and see the actual issue.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.