Fatal error modern event calendar

Hello,

I did my plugin updates this morning and my website crashed straight away. When looking at the error logs I realised the plugin that crashed the website was Modern Event Calendar. The error was : [28-Nov-2018 08:04:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPRO() on boolean in /home/centr385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar/mec-init.php:62

I contacted my host in order to get my website back and they deactivated the plugin in-> public_html -> wp-content -> Plugins by renaming “modern-events-calendar” to “modern-events-calendar1”. This plugin is very important for my website as it is displaying dozens of different events. Should I reactivate the plugin in order to get my content back or am I at risk of crashing the website again ? My website is www.centreeloha.fr

Thanks a lot for your help,

Gaelle

Hello Gaelle,

What is the version of Modern Events Calendar are you using?

The latest supported version 3.3.0. So if you are using an older version, please update the plugin then try activating it.

Here is a link for a details information on how to do an update:

Please remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

In case you are already using the most recent version, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note (key icon under the replies you post/posted):

Hello again,

I’m using the last version, cleared my cache and tried to activate the plugin again and it’s not working so I can’t get my content back online. Here is the error I’m now getting :

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPRO() on boolean in /home/centr385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar1/mec-init.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home/centr385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar1/mec.php(41): MEC->init() #1 /home/centr385/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1897): include(’/home/centr385/…’) #2 /home/centr385/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(178): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘modern-events-c…’) #3 {main} thrown in /home/centr385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar1/mec-init.php on line 62

I will send you my credentials on a secure note.
Thanks a lot for your help,
Gaelle

Hi Gaelle,

Upon checking your server configurations, I see that you’re running the latest PHP version 7.2.12 which may create incompatibility issues. Could you please try switching to PHP v7.1.x and see if that helps.

Some of the hosting control panel have the option to switch between PHP versions. If you don’t have such option, you may have to contact your hosting provider.

Hope that helps.

Hello again,

I called my host provider several times today and they checked everything and if the PHP was causing the problem and it is not. They said the problem is coming from the code. Event Modern Calendar was one of the plugin included in the theme when I purchased it so I don’t understand why it creates such problems. Here is the Fatal Error that they told needs to be investigated :

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPRO() on boolean in /home/centr385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar/mec-init.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /home/centr385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar/mec.php(41): MEC->init() #1 /home/centr385/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1897): include(’/home/centr385/…’) #2 /home/centr385/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(178): plugin_sandbox_scrape(‘modern-events-c…’) #3 {main} thrown in /home/centr385/public_html/wp-content/plugins/modern-events-calendar/mec-init.php on line 62

I can’t delete the plugin as I don’t want to loose all the content as it’s massive. I hope you will be able to help find a solution.

Thank you in advance,

Gaelle

Hi Gaelle,

I have investigated this issue further and found out some of your MEC plugin files have been corrupted. So I have updated the plugin through FTP and then I was able to re-activate your plugin.

Now you should be able to access your data as well (see secure note).

Thanks!

Thank you so much, I’m extremely grateful for your work and your rapidity !!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.