Fatal error message

fatal error message when editing in cornerstone -

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 192937984) (tried to allocate 335872 bytes) in /hermes/bosnaweb20a/b1471/nf.resolutionelectric/public_html/resolutionelectric.ca/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889 -

I have updated the config.php file with suggested memory codes.
Also contacted hosting and they say my resource is maxed at 512MB. The issue only appears to be associated with the Home page and I can edit other pages with no problem.

I disabled plugins which seemed to work at first, however I still receive the error massage with all but the Cornerstone plugin disabled.
My hosting is suggesting it could be a theme issue?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 192937984)

It’s trying to allocate 192937984 ( 192mb ), I doubt it’s configured to 512mb. I’m not saying you didn’t configured it, but the most shared host doesn’t actually provide that much memory, it’s usually 64mb to 256mb only. And even if you configured it through wp-config.php, you can’t override the limit imposed by a shared hosting.

But, 192mb should be enough. Are you on shared hosting? You should make sure they configured it to at least 256mb or yes, 512mb.

Even a slider requires at least 256mb of limit, now add more for other plugins and themes. It’s not a theme issue since it’s clearly visible in the error that 192mb isn’t enough. Yes, 192mb is good, or even 64mb, that is if your site has minimal plugins and content.

Thanks!

Thanks for the information Rad, yes I am on a shared server and Netfirms told me they had configured the memory to 512Mb but like you I am suspicious of that as I can see it seems to get hung up around 192Mb. I have deleted all but five plugins and even when I run with just Cornerstone it still returns the same error message. I currently have a ticket out for support from my host.

Hi there,

Please let us know how it foes, and if possible, information of what feature is eating up that much of resources. Installing a profiler plugin isn’t that accurate so they must have a way to get some information.

Thanks!

Well, those jolly people at Netfirms just disabled the Cornerstone plugin and then tried to edit the page, with success!

Yep they closed the ticket and told me the issue is with Cornerstone? so it looks like I am between a rock and a cliff…guess I will have to jump to another hosting provider.

Any reason why Cornerstone would start to consume more memory resource? I will reload the site with a backup and then check functionality.

Hi There,

As @Rad mentioned above, when you have more plugins you will need more memory. Because there could be background services running, API calls which requires server resources. On top of that, when you have number of users on your live site, server resources will be used to handle them as well.

You can use a service like pantheon.io and test your site there to identify the cause of this issue.
You can follow our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Thanks!

Great, thanks again for the support. I will explore the options you presented and provide some feedback.

Thanks again…John.

You’re welcome, let us know how it goes,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.