Fatal error message after updating Cornerstone

I have just updated (or tried to update) Cornerstone on my plugins page and now all I can get is a blank page with the message:

Fatal error: Can’t use method return value in write context in /home/adoreamy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/admin/class-admin.php on line 286

I cannot even get onto my WP admin Dashboard as every time I try to log in I’m sent to the same blank page - I’m not techy and whilst I’ve read about FTP on some other threads I don’t know how to use or access it?

My site is still up but isn’t working properly and I need to update it and I don’t know where to start.

Hi there,

This error was happening on sites running unsupported versions of PHP but we were able to get it fixed in the next version that was just released. You can read more about it in the release notes: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-1-x-6-1-cornerstone-3-1/33890

If you’re ok giving us access to your hosting we could update it for you. We would need your WordPress admin credentials and either your FTP or hosting account credentials. You can share login credentials securely using the “Secure Note” button on your topic post.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.