Fatal Error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base

Hello,
Our client is using Xtheme Pro.
CornerStone has been deactivated on the plugin list (We are not sure how. Either by user error or by system). When we are trying to activate the cornerstone we are getting the following error message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base, because the name is already in use in /nas/content/live/runningofbulls/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/utility/plugin-base.php on line 6

The only thing that we know is that client duplicated the site into a staging site and deactivated his theme. We fixed this issue by re validating his license key. Why we can’t activate Cornerstone?

I searched the project directory and it seems “Cornerstone_Plugin_Base” has been defined in the following files:
wp-content\plugins\cornerstone\includes\cornerstone-plugin.php:
wp-content\themes\pro\cornerstone\includes\cornerstone-plugin.php

Hi Amir,

Thanks for writing in! Pro theme does not require Cornerstone plugin as it’s functionality has been integrated into Pro theme files. So if you’re trying to activate Cornerstone plugin, you will receive that error.

Please delete Cornerstone plugin from your site, either by head over to WordPress plugins section or by deleting through your server’s FTP account (/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone) and your Pro theme should function properly.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hello,
Thank you for the reply.
1.I believe when we install Xtheme Pro, “Cornerstone” appears under plugin section. Why should we remove that?
2. Cornerstone plugin is deactivate how can it have conflict?
3. I tested your instructions. it DIDN’T work.

Hi Amir,

X theme and Pro theme are two different products. So basically Cornerstone plugin is a required plugin for X theme only and for Pro theme, Cornerstone plugin is not required (as it will be integrated into the theme).

To check your issue further, could you please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP logins in a secure note.

Thanks!

So basically when we have a Xpro theme there will not be any item called “Cornerstone” under plugin section?
Unfortunately this is our client account we don’t have the permission to share their access info with third party.

Hello Amir,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Yes, when you install Pro Theme there is no need to install Cornerstone. Pro Theme has content builder built into the framework. Please remove and delete Cornerstone plugin as it’s not required.

Without the login details it’s a bit difficult for us to take a closer look. Please try out removing Cornerstone and see how it goes.

Thanks.

I can confirm that we didn’t install cornerstone as a separate plugin. So basically it was there all the time. As I said to your colleague I removed the plugin and it didn’t work. I just removed the plugin folder again, revoked the license , then added the license back and nothing changed.
Basically we don’t see the cornerstone button when we edit the page.

Hi Amir,

If you had X theme installed and enabled on the site prior to activating Pro then that must have been the reason why Cornerstone was installed on the site as there is no other way for Cornerstone to be installed on a site except when someone installed it or X is previously active on the site since that will automatically install Cornerstone too.

The only thing you have to make sure before Pro is activated is that Cornerstone is either deactivated or deleted on the site which I believe was already explained in the previous response on this thread.

So if you still have Cornerstone active on the site, you can safely delete it through FTP.

You should be able to this button so that you can edit page using the Pro Builder:

Or this:

If you are not seeing either of these, please check the Permissions Manager and make sure that the Pages is enabled.

You can certainly use Cornerstone to build your posts. You just have to make sure that you enable the Posts in the Permissions Manager so that you can edit posts using Cornerstone.

https://i.imgur.com/juUfo0b.gif

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.