Fatal Error after Cornerstone update

After updating to the latest Cornerstone, I now get this error on my site: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Menu_Item_Custom_Fields_Map in /home/buytfp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/menu-item-custom-fields/menu-item-custom-fields-map.php on line 19.

I tried deleting and re-uploading the plugin via FTP, but I still get the error. I also tried restoring my website and database through my GoDaddy backups, but the error persists. I have the latest X Theme version.

I have this problem as well.

Had the same here - tried everything the support article suggested to no avail. Funnily enough, it was my PHP Version. The clients server was using 5.3 - I updated to 7.0 and everything instantly worked as intended.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

I also have this problem. I cannot reach the hosting company for updating php… so I downloaded an old version (2.06) of cornerstone from another website, removed the cornerstone map and uploaded the old version. Now everything works fine again, pff. But this is ofcourse a temporary solution.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I deleted the Cornerstone folder via CPANEL, and uploaded an old version, 2.0.5, and that fixed it for now. Still waiting to hear from developers for a solution.

Hey everyone,

This happens when you update with FTP by replacing the original files. Many files were moved in this update, but FTP doesn’t account for this and leaves the originals. Things end up polluted as you have multiple copies of the same file in different places. This leads to fatal PHP errors about functions or classes trying to be redeclared.

Whenever you update with FTP, be sure to fully delete the original or at least rename it so only the new files exist in the final location.

Hi,

FYI, I had the exact same problem 20 minutes ago. I updated Cornerstone via the WP control panel and got the error message : Cannot redeclare class Menu_Item_Custom_Fields_Map in /home/buytfp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/menu-item-custom-fields/menu-item-custom-fields-map.php on line 19.

I did the same as MarjolijnZegers and dlitchfield : I deleted the Cornerstone folder and uploaded an old version via FTP. Everything is working fine now but it is indeed a temporary solution.

I didn’t update via FTP though, I did it through the WP Dashboard via the “Updates” menu.

@dlitchfield

Ok, thanks for confirming. We haven’t been able to reproduce this, but suspect it could be due do another plugin installed using a class with the same name. We’re going to rename the ones in Cornerstone to avoid a conflict. This will be present in the upcoming maintenance release.

That was the case for me also.

Hi There,

If you’re still having this issue, please provide us with your login credentials in a secure note to check this issue further.

Thanks!

That seems to have fixed it, thanks!

Great! Thanks for confirming.

This is the error i get home/content/38/10706538/html/ActionFigureGeek/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/Plugin.php on line 105

Where can i get an old version to install?

Hello @Roona,

Thanks for writing to us.

Please note that we don’t provide the older version of the theme but you can download the stable version from your Themeco account dashboard. Please have a look at the given screenshot given below.

Themeco-Single-Licenses (1)

In case if the issue still persists please restore the backup of your site. You can also contact your hosting provider for the backup and ask them to restore it.

Hope it helps
Thanks