Fatal error activating content dock

Hello,
I initially installed and activated content dock back in june but only started working on it early september. In between the new version update of X was made and so when I started working on content dock it was still the version 1.1.1. I soon encountered problems with content dock and decided to deactivate it and delete it to re-install it directly from the X dashboard. I know have installed content dock 2.0.2 and when I try to activate it I get this fatal error message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in /data/17/2/112/50/2601213/user/2852988/htdocs/NAPAVALLEYTOURS/wordpress1/wp-content/plugins/tco-content-dock/tco-content-dock.php on line 115

What can I do to fix it?
Thank you,
Cheers.
JP

Hi There,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Hello,
Yes I have checked and everything is updated to match the changelog you linked. I deactivated all third party plugins but no change. I also went to my FTP to find the tco-content-dock.php and I cannot open it from there it shows an error there also to open it.
I am running on PHP 5.3 and am worried to change to 7.0 as several different compatibility test programs identified errors for cornerstone and ubermenu 3 on 7.0.

Cheers
JP

Hi JP,

You can’t stay at PHP version 5.3 either, WordPress recommends 5.6 or higher. This is the same error in other plugins where PHP version is too old, plus I strongly recommend to upgrade your PHP due to security risk using older versions.

Backup your entire site including the database before you update.

Thanks,

Hey there,

Updated to PHP 5.6 and everything is back to normal!!
Thank you,

JP

Glad to hear that :slight_smile: