FAQ tab not opening

Hello,
I have FAQ tabs set as closed, but they don’t seem to be “opening” on the page once live.
Can you please assist?

Thank you

Hey @tats86,

I see you’re using an older X version and the latest version of Cornerstone. The issue could be a result of version incompatibility between the two.

Please update X and always ensure that everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195.

Also, it is strongly recommended that you follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

Thanks.

Theme updated, problem still there.

Thanks.

Hello @tats86,

I have checked your page and there is a JS error preventing the FAQs accordion items from working. This is because an old cached version of the code is display. I can see that you have installed Fast Velocity Minify. Please clear the plugin cache and regenerate the minified HTML, JS and CSS files. It will also help if you temporarily deactivate this plugin while we are troubleshooting your issue.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hello,
I cleared the plugin cache, but not sure how to regenerate the minified HTLM, JS and CSS files. I temporarily deactivated the plugin, but it doesn’t seem to be doing anything.

Thank you.

Hey @tats86,

In that case, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Cheers.

Added the secure note above.

Hello @tats86,

I have logged in and already investigated the issue. I still hasn’t found the cause of the issue. I already deactivated JetPack, Fast Velocity Minify and WP Customize plugin. I even have updated your WordPress to 5.3. There is still one JS error on the page:

woocommerce.min.js?ver=3.8.1:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: Cookies is not defined
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (woocommerce.min.js?ver=3.8.1:1)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)
    at HTMLDocument.J (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4-wp:2)

This is coming from WooCommerce 3.8.1 which is not yet supported with X 7.1.2. Can we temporarily put your site in under construction mode, deactivate WooCommerce while we are troubleshooting the FAQ accordion?

Kindly let us know.

Yes, okay.

Hello @tats86,

Now that the WooCommerce is deactivated, the FAQs accordion items are working perfectly.
In this case, I would recommend that you revert back your WooCommerce version to 3.7.1. Please be advised the the X theme 7.1.2 does not support Woo3.8.1 yet. You can check out our plugin compatibility here:

To get the previous WooCommerce version, you can download it here:

Thank you. I’ll look into it. Did you remove the site under maintenance? The mobile is still unavailble.

Hey @tats86,

The desktop and mobile view is available on my end. Please try clearing your browser cache.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.