Explain the philosophy of advanced elements

I’m working with Theme X (and nowadays with Theme X Pro) for years. What I still don’t get, is the philosophy behind the relatively new “advanced elements” in comparison to the “classic elements”. My workflow usually starts at the theme options, where I set the fonts, colors and also e.g. set the options for my buttons. So why on earth would I load an advanced buttom into a page template, if it doesn’t use my global settings. The same goes for headlines. I am sticking with the classic headlines since they look the same on the whole website, if I ever need to change something, I just change it at global settings and “boom!”, the changes are made globally.

Is the use of the advanced elements for expections to your global defaults? Or am I doing something wrong. I’d love to understand the philosophy behind the use of these elements.

2 Likes

To me I use them purely on a situational basis. My thought is that the advanced options are there for people who don’t truly understand writing code or using global blocks so that they can get the look and feel of their website how they want it without having to learn to much extra information.

hm i use v2 elements a lot. i often have webpages with different buttons so this is really great.
style your 3 buttons => save it as template.
now place the v2 button => load the template => ready.

i know this can be done in css also, assign a class, style the class/button. but for me the v2 elements are great.

i think it only depends on your own workflow. it is the same with other software around (DAW´s, Photo Editor´s,…)
on the end every user has to decide wich utility/software/workflow is the best for him…

just my 5Cents :wink:

cheers

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.