Expended Demo case errors

Hi, I imported the expend demo wedding in to the x theme. Every time I try this I get 4 Warnings after the import are finished:

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /httpdocs/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/global/admin/thumbnails/width.php on line 74

I also can’t edit the home page of the demo. If I try it I get the error:

The preview HTML did not include a closing tag. It may fail to load or work properly

The only way to clear this error is to remove the theme. If I reinstall it the error comes back. To complete restore Wordpress I have to delete the complete instance.

May someone could help me to fix the error and keep the demo theme?

Thanks

Hello @Neskatin,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please make sure that you meet the requirements in running WordPress in your server. WordPress 4.8 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. It’s an easy ugrade process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I'm interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP 7 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
- HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply. 

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hallo @Prasant

My installation fits all requirement. Wordpress runs like a charm until I try to import the demo theme.

It also works again perfect when I deactivate the theme

Hey @Neskatin

You said you encountered this error:

Are you using Pro? The demo is disabled in Pro. Please clarify or give us access to your WordPress admin so we could check your setup.

Regarding the error when you edit the page in Cornerstone, please try the following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. If you have customizations, remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please open a separate thread for this issue in order to avoid confusion. And, give us WP admin and FTP access in a Secure Note. Also post the URL of this thread for reference.

Thanks.

Hi @christian_y

I used in first the x theme and upgraded it to pro but in both themes I get the error when I import the demo content. By the way, why you guys disabled the demo for the pro theme. I liked this feature a lot.

Hey @Neskatin,

First, I turned this line define('WP_DEBUG', false); in your wp-config.php to the code below to hide warning messages. Warning messages does no harm but is helpful in development mode not in a live site.

ini_set('display_errors','Off');
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL );
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

You’re using Pro and there’s currently no demo for. Sorry for the wrong choice of words. The demo is not disabled in Pro. X demo is not compatible with Pro due to templating difference. I’m not promising but our development team might create demos for Pro in the future.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi @christian_y

To disable the warnings isn’t the solution for my problem. As I’m still developing the page the debug mode was set proper. My problem is that my setup still isn’t working and I think the warning was an indicator for my problem. Something went wrong with the home page. I can’t it edit it when I using one of your themes. Every times the following error appears.

The preview HTML did not include a closing tag. It may fail to load or work properly

The warning is also connected to your theme as well. So I guess when we could fix the problem, both will disappear.

Thanks for helping me

Hi There @Neskatin

Sorry for the frustration here. Your issue is directly related to the PHP version that you’re using. Please refer to the following post which explains it clearly (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/php-7-1-error-in-header-x-theme/3411/2?u=mldarshana).

Thanks!

Hi @mldarshana

Thanks for your answer. This is a first step in the right direction. I downgraded the PHP version to 7.0 and the warning disappears. But the second part of my problem stays. When I try to edit my home page I get the Cornerstone error:

Hello There,

Thanks for updating us in! I was able to logged in to your site and I found out that there is a broken home page. This happens because a certain slider were assigned in the demo and when you have imported the demo, the Rev Slider plugin is not yet installed or active. It resulted that the slider data were not imported thus creating this issue. I have edited your homepage and re saved the settings so that the slider assigned were updated.

I also re imported the slider so that you can used it and view it like what we have in our wedding demo site. To know more about how you can utilize a slider in the theme, please check out this documentation:

Please check your site again.

Hi @RueNel

Great it works! Thanks a lot for helping me.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.